Birth and Childhood
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman was born in Bukhshan Khan Tehsil Chistian, District Bahawalnagar, Pakistan. He was born on August 19, 1959 (14 Safar 1379 H) Wednesday at 4:30 a.m. His father named him Najib-ur-Rehman.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s respected mother used to say that she did not feel any labour pain or other problems while expecting him. Although she had difficult time while bearing other children.
- She used to tell that in the entire duration of expecting Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, she felt increased devotion for Holy Prophet. Moreover, her inclination towards devotion and salutation to Prophet Mohammad was more than her usual life. Unusually her desire to continuously recite Durood (send blessings and peace upon the Holy Prophet) increased.
- Besides that, she would also say encomiums in the honour of Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani.
Dream of Sultan ul Ashiqeen's Mother
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s mother narrated a dream she had while pregnant with him. She says;
“I dreamt during the pregnancy that the full moon has risen very early in the evening. Its light is too much dazzling to the eyes. The full moon after some time turned into the sun which eliminated all the darkness. Then it rose exactly from above my house. Subsequently, the sun reached in the middle of the sky while travelling. Next it burst at once and its light spread everywhere in both the realms. When I woke up, I understood that the dream was about the expected blessed baby.”
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman as a baby
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s mother narrated;
“When I saw my fortunate son after his birth, a ray of Divine light (an-Nur) was shining upon his forehead. His eyes had a unique depth and charm. This increased with the passage of time. I thought, just like any other mother love and admires her children, I also profoundly love my dear son. Then a thought came to my mind, ‘No’ something is special with the baby. There is something remarkable that distinguishes it from others. Indeed, Its Divine fascination never let me remain apart from it.”
The gorgeousness and attraction of the personality of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is his peculiarity. Truly the innocence of his childhood and the Divine light of his pure soul increased his charm far more. Notably, the Divine light of Truth radiated from his forehead. As a small kid, whoever beheld him fixed his gaze at him and wanted to hold him in arms.
- His respected father would take him along to the market and the whole lot would come out to see him. Everyone adored and wanted to have him in his arms. People would enquire about him when his father did not take him along.
Comment of a Dervish on seeing Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen as a Baby
Sultan ul Ashiqeen’s mother relates that a Dervish often visited her house every couple of months. Once he came after the birth of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman. She showed him the new born and asked to pray for him. At the moment, that spiritually absorbed Dervish was sitting on the ground. As soon as his sight caught the light of the baby’s forehead, he suddenly stood up. He kissed its forehead and told her,
“Sister keep the baby’s forehead covered. If the devils read it, they would exacerbate you and try to create problems for you. However, they would not be able to do any harm to the baby. Despite their lame efforts, he will definitely achieve his destination. Unfortunately, you won’t live long enough to see either his wealth or spiritual heights.”
Another dream of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Mother
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s mother reveals that one night she saw al-Ghawth al-Azam (Ghaus ul Azam) Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani in her dream. al-Ghawth al-Azam said about Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman;
“He is mine. He is my reflection. I would inquire you about him.”
After this dream, his mother became more careful and particular about his brought up and training.
A Dervish’s prediction about Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman
As mentioned earlier, a Dervish often visited the house of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s mother. Once, he made the following predictions about him;
He said to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s mother,
“This son of yours is very fortunate. Allah has inscribed his forehead with a special destiny. Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani will spiritually train him in a special way under his own supervision. Undoubtedly, he will pass him through all the stages of life.”
At another occasion he predicted;
“Your son is a leader. Wherever he would live, he would be a leader. More so, Allah will humiliate, denounce and deprave the people holding grudge and enmity against him.”
The Predictions of Dervish Proved to be True
All the words of the Dervish not only proved true but he achieved even higher status than what he predicted.
- Due to the celestial fortune inscribed on his forehead, he had to face some hostility though.
- Also, upon the matters of truth, he faced disagreement from several devilish natured jealous ones.
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen had firm resolution on truth. The special kindness of Allah always saved him from all his opponents. Allah disgraced and humiliated his enemies sooner or later whether they were higher or lower statured.
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman was not Like common Children
The childhood of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was also not similar to a common child.
- His mother related that he did not like to remain out or roam about aimlessly in the streets for long.
- He spent most of his time in studies and serving his parents.
- Also, he had a hardworking, serious and patient nature inherently. Uniquely, he was never obstinate and demanding like other children.
- He is pure and likes cleanliness not only now but also in childhood. Even in the days of poverty, he used to wear clean dress even if it was old.
- He did not eat till his parents, sister and brother had their meal. As he loved them dearly.
Since childhood, he had restlessness in his nature and was not interested in the worldly charm. It seemed as if he was in search of something higher. Often, he avoided gatherings and preferred solitude.
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali’s comment on Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s spiritual guide, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was well aware of his spiritual status. He always loved him and admired his urge to do the right thing. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen became the beloved of his Murshid the very first day he met him. Often, his beloved spiritual guide used to say to him,
“Allah has inscribed good fortune on your forehead.”
Please click to request for Online Oath (Bayat) facility…