The invitation towards Faqr is a movement which is present in different forms since the age of the Holy Prophet. In this contemporary era, an organization was needed according to the requirements of this time for this invitation and movement. Therefore, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman laid the foundation of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr on the death anniversary of his Murshid Sultan-ul-Faqr VI. Hence Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr established on Friday, 23rd October 2009 (3rd Dhul al-Qadah, 1430 H). The main aim was to spread the message of Faqr in a more organized manner through a proper channel. Also, it is our attempt for the revival of a strong spiritual relationship between Allah and Muslims. As deteriorated spiritual relations have resulted in the decline of Muslims despite the fact it is the best umma. With the teachings of Faqr, we aim at redirecting Muslims, thus making physical devotions acceptable in the court of Allah.
Who do we belong?
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr is a registered organization, completely non-political, non-governmental and non-sectarian. We belong to the Sarwari Qadri order. Therefore, we promote the school of thought of our Sufi Saints, al-Ghawth al-Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani and Sultan Bahoo.
Purpose and Objective
The purpose of establishing Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr is to invite people from all over the world towards Faqr. Actually, it is a call for proximity to Allah Almighty and for spiritual purification. As they are necessary for the vision of Allah and presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. The purpose and objectives of establishment of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr are as follows:
- Vision and gnosis of Allah.
- Presence in the Mohammadan Assembly and beneficence from the Holy Prophet without any medium.
- For the purity of inciting innerself (tazkiyah nafs)
- Also, to clarify the inward (tasfiyah qalb)
- For the enlightenment of soul (tajaliyah rooh)
- Spiritual purification and outward betterment.
- Successful before Allah Almighty in both the world and the hereafter
- Divine presence in all the prayers
- To be rid of dependency upon those other than Allah
- Finally, to succeed in the purpose of this life
However, to achieve the aforementioned, adopting the way of Faqr and invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is must.
As mentioned before, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen laid the foundation of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr to invite people towards Faqr in an organized manner. Moreover, to revive the soul of Islam in this age of materialism and mischief after fourteen hundred years. May Allah grant success to him in his pious and exalted aim (Ameen).
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF TEHREEK DAWAT-E-FAQR (REGD.)
Members of the Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr are those who have pledged allegiance to Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali or Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman. Moreover, those who have received the invocation (dhikr) and contemplation (tasawur) of Ism-e-Allah Zaat from Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
2- Religion and Mystic Way
Our religion is Islam; Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) is our Prophet and guide. We are Sarwari Qadri. Thus, we follow the mystic way of al-Ghawth al-Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani and Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo. We invite towards Faqr which is the real heritage of the Prophet sall’Allahu alayhi wa’alihi wasallam. That is why we do not belong to any sect, creed or religious party. Therefore, people of any party, sect or creed or mystic way can join us for purification of their inciting innerselves. As Ism-e-Allah Zaat sanctifies those who seek straight path (Sirat-e-Mustaqeem). Allah says as well, “One who does not want to change oneself, I do not change one’s plight.” Whatsoever, the organization does not permit its members to promote sectarianism within the movement.
- Neither an office bearer nor a person holding a responsible post of Tehreek will criticize any sect nor creed. Hence, he will not criticize any religious party, religious political party or a political party. Also, there is no permission to participate in any of their meetings, conferences and processions.
- Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr will invite towards Faqr only and thus never involve in sectarian, political or religious dispute.
3- Love for people of the Cloak and Sacred Companions
The People of the Cloak are like Noah’s ark and sacred Companions of the Prophet are like stars. Therefore, love for them is part of faith and is helpful in the path of Faqr. Those who do not love the People of the Cloak (Ahl al-Bayt) or have grudge against them are schismatic (kharijite). Similarly, those who do not love the Companions or have spite against them are dissenters (rafidi). Hence there is no room for such people in the movement. Although, those who sincerely intend to have awareness about the reality, can join Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr. As esoteric knowledge discloses the greatness of People of the Cloak and Companions. Exoteric knowledge only creates disputes.
4- Love and Respect for Murshid and his Family
Everyone must whole-heartedly follow the spiritual guide (Murshid), Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. Any disdain or disrespectful attitude towards him or his sacred family is intolerable. If someone remains quite on such presumptuousness, he is also a criminal. Administrative committee will decide on the punishment of such presumptuous.
5- Follow Sharia and Contemplate Ism-e-Allah Zaat
According to the instructions of the spiritual guide regularly follow the sharia, invoke and contemplate Ism-e-Allah Zaat with commitment. Moreover, one has to follow strictly the teachings and guidance about Faqr.
6- Non-Political Movement
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr has no connection with politics, political affairs or political matters. It will not support or oppose any political party or its policies. Moreover, the office holders and the members of the Majlis-e-Shura (Advisory Council) will refrain from politics. In addition, the General Council and the regional office bearers will not participate in politics.
- Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr accepts and respects the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. This constitution allows every Pakistani to take part in the political matters. Nonetheless, it is compulsory for any central, regional office bearer to resign from office post for participation in politics. Therefore, members of the Advisory Committee or General Council will also follow same rules for participation in politics. There is no permission to use the name of this movement, its resources, members and platform for political purposes.
- During the general elections, neither Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr nor its office bearers collectively or individually will order to vote. Therefore, avoid promoting any political party or political religious party. Neither will they work for it within the party. The supporters of any party will have the right to vote according to their will. However, that would be their individual decision. Therefore, Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr will not be responsible for it.
7- Hate the sin not the Sinner
The people connected to this movement should love all and not hate anyone due to sin. Instead, they should hate the sin and invite those brethren to Faqr to get out of the quicksand of sins.
8- Recitation of Quran and Meditation over it
Recite the Quran and think over each verse.
9- Avoid Antagonism
Avoid the differences among themselves. If anyone spreads enmity, inform the Chief Organizer (Muntazim-e-Ala) or a member of the Majlis-e-Shura. So that he can be expelled from the movement.
10- Control Anger
Control your anger because anger is a weapon of Satan. Anger produces dispute and quarrel and the quarrelsome person is intolerable. Thus, control your anger in such situations.
11-Avoid Prominence and adopt Piety
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr has no room for those who try to highlight or make their personality prominent. Remember! Better is the one, who leads in piety (taqwa). According to Sultan Bahoo rehmat-ul-Allah alayh; “The piety or the righteousness comes only by invocation of the Hoo ( ھُوْ )”.
If any other member hurts a member of the movement, he should forgive him immediately. To foster wile, malice, envy, revenge and hypocrisy halts the journey of Faqr.
13- Ask for Forgiveness
If somebody is hurt or humiliated by any other member of the movement, he must seek apology from him. Irrespective of the fact how richer, poorer, younger or older he is.
14-Work Hard but Trust Allah
Struggle with sincere intentions as per principles of sharia (Islamic laws) in the practical and worldly life. However, trust Allah and whatever will be the result, submit whole-heartedly, considering it as the will of Allah.
15-Lover is the Conqueror
Remember! Successful is the person who has strong faith in his mission. In addition, he is constantly engrossed in working and spreading it. Only love accomplishes the mission. Therefore, love is the conqueror of all, not the hatred.
16-Issuance of Sim Cards and their Usage
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr will provide sim cards to office holders after assuming responsibilities. After completion of their duration, they will handover these sim cards to newly appointed staff. No one will use these sim cards for any matter other than matters of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr.
Manifesto of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr
- Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr preaches the Muslims; Hold tight to the rope of Allah together and do not create dissensions. Here, ‘Rope’ refers to the Ism-e-Allah-Zaat.
- Faqr is the true heritage of the Prophet (pbuh). Therefore, invite the Muslims towards this legacy.
- Invite towards invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah-Zaat. As Sultan Bahoo says; It is due to Faqr only that Divine vision and presence in the Mohammadan Assembly is granted. Resultantly, a Muslim becomes true believer (Mumin). Ultimately, he is exalted to the station of Beneficence (Ehsaan).
- Our call must be ‘Run towards Allah’ ( فَفِرُّوْ اِلَی اللّٰہِ ). Indeed, the exegesis of which is run towards Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
- Sincerely follow the teachings of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh). As these teachings are based on truth and reality.
- Invite Muslims for meditation and thinking.
- Promote love which consequently, eliminate hatred from the world.
Invitation towards the Ism-e-Allah Zaat
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr invites towards the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat for:
- Getting rid of the diseases of the soul, inward and sensuality.
- The purity of inciting innerself (tazkiyah nafs)
- The clarity of inward (tasfiyah qalb)
- The enlightenment of soul (tajaliyah rooh)
It is not possible to accomplish the following stages of Faqr without the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat:
- Divine presence in all devotions
- Presence in the Mohammadan Assembly
Hence, join Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr for the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Resultantly, be present in the court of Allah Almighty after accomplishing the purpose of life.
Constitution of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr (Regd.)
A constitution is drafted to organize the activities of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr. According to the constitution main office of the organization is in Lahore (4-5/A Extension Education Town Wahdat Road). Whereas it has various regional offices all over Pakistan. Some are under way. Each regional office of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr has Majlis-e-Shura (Advisory Council) and General Council. It constitutes of important and sincere disciples to carry out work in organized and concordant manner. They through mutual discussions underline modus operandi.
Majlis-e-Shura or Advisory Council is the most important department of the organization. According to the constitution, people are selected on the basis of piety (Taqwa). The maximum limit of members is thirty-five who are selected each year. It is their responsibility to run the activities of the organization through mutual consultation. Consultation is done in accordance to Islam and democratic ways.
It is a vast department which consist of the sincere members of the organization. The limit of members is not fixed. Majlis-e-Shura after taking decision can present it to General Council to take them under confidence. According to the constitution, if consultation is required on a critical matter then combined meeting of both Advisory Council and General Council can be called.
Departments of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr (Regd.)
Department to Invite and Preach:
This department is responsible to invite and preach towards Faqr availing present resources.
Department of Publications:
Department of Publication gets every kind of printing and publication done for spreading the message of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr. It includes, Monthly magazine Sultan-ul-Faqr, Lahore and Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications (Registered).
Department of Multimedia Design and Development:
This department is responsible to prepare the websites of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr, to supervise them and to make changes when necessary. Moreover, the department is also making all the books and magazines published by Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications (Registered) available online for study. This is done for all the websites of the organization. Sultan-ul-Faqr Digital Productions is its subsidiary department. Its responsibility is to upload the audios and videos of preaching activities of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr.
This department is responsible to collect funds for the promotion of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr. Then distribute it among various departments and keep the accounts.
Lodging and Food Department:
This department prepare and serve food. Especially, the department serves meal among disciples who visit khanqah every Sunday to meet the spiritual guide. Moreover, the department makes sure to provide food to those who permanently stay at the main office of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr.
This department is responsible for the security of khanqah, main office of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr and residence of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. Additionally, this department provide personal security to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen on huge gatherings as well as on his tours across the country.
To introduce Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr worldwide following websites have been introduced: