Beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat
As this age is materialistic and seekers of Allah are rare, the practice of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is to first guide general public towards this path to become seekers of Allah and then take them to ultimate Divine proximity and vision. It might seem easy but only the perfect spiritual guide is aware of the real endeavours in the above mentioned. It is his great favor to spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat but it is not easy to show the straight path (Sirat-e-Mustaqeem) to everyone. Therefore, previously Ism e Allah Zaat was only granted to eternal and real seekers of Allah. It is the beneficence and excellence of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman that the people of all kind of inner-selves and natures are changed to seekers of Allah and become respectful towards this path and its people. He takes to the reality of Ism-e-Allah Zaat under the guidance of his affectionate self.
He has discussed in detail the reality of Ism-e-Allah Zaat in his book “Haqeeqat Ism-e-Allah Zaat”. This is so to make people aware of its marvels, blessings and beneficence. Its invocation and contemplation leads to Allah’s proximity and vision. He says in his phenomenal book ‘Shams-ul-Fuqara’ which is based upon the teachings of Faqr and Sufism;
- Ism (name) of Allah is His Zaat (Self or Essence) and for Allah be glorified, it is specific. Well known scholars of Islam state that this name is neither an infinitive noun nor derivative i.e. neither it is derived from any word nor any word can be derived from it. Unlike other attributive names of Allah, It cannot be applied metaphorically on anyone. Thus, this name is perfectly pure of combination or application. Like Allah Himself, His name is also the One, only and لَمْ یَلِدْ وَ لَمْ یُلَدْ (Meaning: He neither begat nor was begotten).
Ism-e-Allah Zaat and its recitation develops a special relationship between Allah and His slave. The Holy Quran mentions this name four thousand times. The Fuqara and Mystics immortal with Allah consider Allah ( ﷲ ) to be His greatest name(Ism-e-Azam). This name encompasses all the Divine attributes within itself. Hence, when a person remembers Him with the Name Allah ( ﷲ ), he actually calls upon all the attributive names of Allah simultaneously. It is the unique quality of this name which is not possessed by any other attributive name. Imam Razi elaborates this point in a very beautiful manner. He says:
- No doubt! When you remember Allah with His names of compassion i.e. you say O’ the most beneficent (Rehman) or O’ the most merciful (Raheem), you only invoke His attribute of compassion not of wrath and majesty. Similarly if you remember Him by the name of ‘the all-knowing (Aleem)’ i.e. you say O’ Aleem, you only invoke His attribute of omniscience not of omnipotence. But when you say Allah you invoke all the Divine attributes because the One to be worshiped ( الٰہ ) is the One who possesses all the Divine attributes. (Tafseer-e-Kabeer, Vol-1-pg 85)
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman further says:
- When a person remembers Him with His personal name Allah ( ﷲ ) which is called Ism-e-Allah Zaat (literally meaning the personal name of Allah), then Allah blesses him with the Self Disclosure of His Essence which possesses all the Divine attributes, due to which the invoker witnesses the Divine light of the Essence within himself. His being is enlightened with the Divine light of the Essence and he is blessed with the vision of the Divine Self.
Just like Him, His name Allah ( ﷲ ) i.e. Ism-e-Allah Zaat is also unique and unparalleled regarding its peculiar effects and marvels. The distinguished quality of this name is that if its letters are gradually separated from it, even then its meanings are not changed and in any case it remains the Ism-e-Allah Zaat and is used to address Allah only. If the first letter (Alif) of (AllahHoo) is removed it becomes لِلّٰہ (Lillah) which means “for Allah”, it is also Ism-e-Allah Zaat. In the Holy Quran, Allah says:
لِلّٰہِ مَافِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَافِی الْاَرْضِ
Meaning: Whatever is in the heavens and in the earth is for Allah.
If the first letter (ل) of (Lillah) is removed, it becomes لَہُ (LaHoo) which means “for Him.” It is also Ism-e-Zaat as Allah says in the Quran:
لَہُ الْمُلْکُ وَلَہُ الْحَمْدُ وَھُوَ عَلٰی کُلِّ شَیْئٍ قَدِیْر
Meaning: For Him is all the kingdom and glory and He has complete command over everything.
If the second ( ل ) is also removed it becomes Hoo ( ھُو ). Hoo ( ھُو ) is a pronoun for Allah, as used many times in the Quran for Ism-e-Allah:
ھُوَ اﷲ الَّذِی لَآ اِلٰہَ اِلَّا ھُو
Meaning: He ( ھُو ) is Allah, no one is to be worshiped except Hoo ( ھُو ).
Allah says in the Quran:
اَللّٰہُ نُوْرُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالْاَرْضِ
Meaning: (Ism-e-Allah Zaat) is the Divine light of the earth and the skies. (Al-Noor-35)
- Sultan Bahoo says: From the Divine light (of Ism-e-Allah Zaat) all the creation manifested and hence, this light is the sustenance of all the creation. (Majalisa-tul-Nabi)
This means that Allah manifested from His light, the Noor of Mohammad and then he created all the souls of the creation from it. The sustenance of human soul is the Divine light of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. When souls are provided with their sustenance, they gain the power of sight to see Allah Almighty. (Book: Shams-ul-Fuqara Chapter: Ism-e-Allah Zaat)
Sultan Bahoo explains the splendour and reality of Ism-e-Allah Zaat in the following words:
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat is exactly the same as the Divine Essence. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
اسمِ اللہ راہبر است در ہر مقام از اسمِ اللہ یافتند فقرش تمام
Meaning: (Invocation of) Ism-e-Allah Zaat guides the seekers of Allah at every stage and lets them reach the extreme stage of Faqr. (Mahak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
- Listen! All the four holy books i.e. Taurah, Gospel, Psalms and Quran are just the explanation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. What is Ism-e-Allah Zaat? Ism-e-Allah Zaat is exactly the Divine Essence Who is incomparable, unparalleled, doubtless and unexemplified, for Whom it is said:
قُلْ ہُوَ اللّٰہُ اَحَدْ
Meaning: O’ Beloved! Say unto them Allah is One.
Whoever recites and learns (the reality of) Ism-e-Allah Zaat by heart, becomes the beloved of Allah. By the recitation and invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, the inspirational knowledge is gained about which Allah says:
وَعَلَّمَ آدَمَ الْاَسْمَآ ئَ کُلّھَا
Meaning: And Adam was taught the Divine knowledge of all the beautiful names of Allah. (Al-Baqarah-31)
مِمَّا لَمْ یُذْکَرِ اسْمُ اللّٰہِ عَلَیْہِ وَ اِنَّہٌ لَفَسِقٌ
Meaning: Do not take anything upon which Ism-e-Allah has not been recited, it is verily a sin (to have it). (Al-Inam-121)
Keep in mind that the ascension of the Holy Prophet to the station of ultimate nearness higher than the Throne, the Chair, the Pen, the Tablet and then talking to Allah without any veil in between was only due to the benediction of Ism-e-Allah Zaat because Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the key to both the worlds. The seven layers of earth and skies are stable without any pillar only because of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. All the Prophets got Prophethood and won over the disbelievers only due to the power of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Their slogan was always “Only Allah is enough for our help”. The medium connecting Allah and His slave is Ism-e-Allah Zaat. All the Saints whether Ghaus or Qutb (different ranks of Saints) got the beneficence of invocation, meditation, inspiration, absorption in Divine Oneness, concentration, unveiling and miracles by the grace of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Such inspirational knowledge is revealed by Ism-e-Allah Zaat that one does not need to gain any other knowledge.
ہر کرا باسم اللہ شد قرار
ہر چہ باشد غیر اللہ زان فرار
Meaning: One who is attached with Ism-e-Allah Zaat, gets detached from everything other than Allah. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
- By the contemplation of the Ism-e-Allah Zaat, the seeker of closeness to Allah resides in the realm of absolute Unity (LaHoot) and sees the Divine light of the Essence. Then, he becomes disgusted by the short lived and fruitless pleasures of both the worlds. He sees Allah everywhere, hears directly from His Magnificent Self and finds the Divine Essence completely within himself. (Noor-ul-Huda Kalan)
- On the Doomsday, when the account of good and bad deeds of people would be reckoned, the person on whose heart Ism-e-Allah would be engraved and who would have invoked Ism-e-Allah sincerely only once in life would be forgiven, even if his sins would be equal to the fourteen layers of the earth and the skies. When the angels will put all his sins on one side of the scale and his single good deed of invocation of Ism-e-Allah on the other, the side with Ism-e-Allah would be heavier. The angels would surprisingly ask, “O’ Allah! Only one good deed of this person made the side of good deeds of the scale heavier. May we know what that good deed is?” Allah would say “This person is My seeker and used to remain occupied in the invocation of Ism-e-Allah. O’ angels! You are among those who are veiled from My real worship which is the invocation of Ism-e-Allah. When My seekers do the invocation of Ism-e-Allah I am with them and they are with Me. You are the strangers.” Only Allah! Everything other than Allah is lust. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
- If a person spends all his life in praying, fasting, giving charity, performing pilgrimage, reciting Quran and doing all the other physical prayers or has got excellence as a religious scholar, but is ignorant of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad (the personal name of Holy Prophet), then all his life and prayers are ruined and wasted. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
- To learn one law of Islamic jurisprudence is better than a sincere prayer of one year, while one breath taken in the invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is better than learning thousand Islamic laws.(Ain-ul-Faqr)
- Whoever achieved the levels of piety, it was through the Ism-e-Allah Zaat. From the name of Allah ( ) four Divine names manifest. Firstly, name (AllahHoo) itself, whose invocation is the most gracious. When the first Arabic alphabet (Alif) of (Allah Hoo)is separated, it becomes (Lillah). The invocation of (Lillah) is the Divine beneficence. When first (L) of (Lillah) is separated, it becomes (LaHoo). The invocation of (LaHoo) is the Divine blessing. When second (L) of (LaHoo) is separated it becomes Hoo ( ) and invocation of Hoo ( ) is the Divine favour. Hence, Allah says: e. “there is no one to be worshipped except ” (Al-Baqarah-255). Seek only Allah, everything other than Allah is lust. (Mahak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
- (AllahHoo, Lillah, LaHoo and Hoo) are Ism-e-Allah Zaat and hence the greatest name of Allah. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
In this contemporary age, Muslims in general do not have the time for hard spiritual endeavours and even Divine lovers want to reach Allah as early as possible. Therefore, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman has taken revolutionary steps in this way to spread beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat among the seekers of Allah. In previous era, the disciples and seekers were granted Ism-e-Allah Zaat in four steps in the given order . Seekers crossed these stages in steps and hence progressed in proximity to Allah. This could take a lot of time and those who could not cross the first stage hence did not make it to the next one. Therefore, seekers who were not pure in their intentions could not cross the initial stages never reaching to Hoo ( ھُو ). Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had granted the invocation of Hoo ( ھُو ) to few special chosen seekers of Allah. He in his life permitted his superior spiritual successor Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman to grant seekers of Allah the invocation of Hoo ( ھُو ). After adorning the throne of Divine guidance and persuasion he instead of granting seekers Ism-e-Allah Zaat in four stages took the revolutionary step in the path of Faqr to grant the invocation of Ya Hoo ( ھُو ) on oath of allegiance (bayat) making the seeker sat once capable of presence in the Divine court. Undoubtedly, this is the sign and proof of his ultimate Divine proximity and highest level in the court of Allah because the more a sacred entity is in proximity to Allah the more he is powerful to grant the same to his seekers.
Hoo ( ھُو ) is the king of invocations. Its theophanies are the most effective and strong. It is not easy for a new seeker to stand its effects. It is his perfect spiritual guide’s marvel to make him able to tolerate these theophanies. He, like a spiritual fort, makes these theophanies subtle and easy for him. Sultan Bahoo says:
ابتدا ’ھُو‘ انتہا ’ھُو‘ ہر کہ با ھُو می رسد
عارف عرفاں شود ہر کہ با ھُو‘ ’ھُو‘ شود
Meaning: ‘Hoo’ is the beginning and Hoo is the finality. Whosoever reaches ‘Hoo’, becomes Mystic (one who prays Allah while seeing Him). By annihilating in ‘Hoo’, he himself becomes Hoo.
- The invocation of Hoo affects its reciter in such a way that he starts loving Hoo extremely and is disgusted by everything other than Allah. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
- When, due to the frequent invocation, Hoo dominates and overpowers the being of the reciter of ‘Hoo’, there remains nothing in him except Hoo. (Mahak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Shaikh-e-Akbar Mohiyuddin Ibn-e-Arabi says about the invocation of Hoo ( ھُو ):
- ‘Hoo’ is the most elevated and the ultimate invocation of Mystics. (Futuhat-e-MakkiyyahVol-II Chp 5)
Syed Abdul Karim Bin Ibrahim Al-Jaili has said:
- Hoo is the greatest name of Allah and is the most powerful Ism-e-Allah Zaat. (Insan-e-Kamil)
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali has said:
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat, Hoo ( ھُو ), is the Sultan-ul-Azkar. The seeker who has become Hoo ( ھُو ) after annihilating in Hoo ( ھُو ), is the Sultan.
Allama Iqbal has said about Hoo ( ھُو ):
ہر کہ پیمان با ھُو الموجود است
گردنش از بند ہر معبود رست
Meaning: One who strengthens his relation with the omnipresent Hoo by annihilating in Hoo, gets liberated from the slavery of everyone and everything.
منم کہ طوافِ حرم کردہ ام بتے بے کنار
منم کہ پیش بتاں نعرہ ہائے ھُو زدہ ام
Meaning: It was me who circumambulated the Holy Kaaba while keeping the idols (of desires of inciting innerself and world) in my heart. However, I am also the one who raised the slogan of Hoo ( ھُو ) in front of idols (superficial religious scholars), meaning I opened the secret of Hoo ( ھُو ) to the spiritually blind.
To reach Hoo ( ھُو ) is to reach Allah. If the innerself annihilates in the theophanies of the invocation of Hoo ( ھُو ) then Hoo ( ھُو ) manifests in the entity of man. The grand marvel is to reach Hoo ( ھُو ). It is the marvel of our perfect spiritual guide Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman to take the seeker to Hoo ( ھُو ). He grants the last in stage of invocation which is Ya Hoo ( ھُو ) to seekers as it was the will and order of his spiritual guide. This is because he can take the seekers to the ultimate destination due to his spiritual capability and powers.
The struggles of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman to spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is extensive, for sure a trail of patience and worth praise. He travelled across Pakistan and granted invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat to seekers of Allah in every city both with and without oath of allegiance. Even abroad seekers of Allah are being granted the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat after taking online oath of allegiance as well as without it. To spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, he got published more than fifteen thousand books titled as ‘Haqeeqat Ism-e-Allah Zaat (The Divine Reality of Ism-e-Allah Zaat)’ and ‘Murshid Kamil Akmal (The Perfect Spiritual Guide)’ and distributed them free of cost. He gave numerous Ism-e-Allah Zaat made of gold and those printed in golden to seekers of Allah. Under his supervision people from all over the world are invited towards invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat via internet and social media. His efforts to spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat in the world are unprecedented.
It is the saying of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali, “Munificent is the one who spreads the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and the vision of Allah by travelling”. The generosity of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen knows no bounds. He increases the capability of the seeker by his spiritual favour and grants him the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat more than his capability.