- Self realization is that a person must know that he is created witSelf-realization is that man must know he is created with two things; the outer existence which is also called body and can be seen and touched while the other is his spiritual self which is also termed as soul, esoteric self or inward by the Mystics. Neither it can be seen with physical eyes nor touched. Only the spiritual sight is able to observe it as it does not belong to the physical world rather it is related to the invisible world. It is everlasting and stays even after the death of physical body because it is accountable to Allah.
- Wherever in the world a recognizer of Reality, a knower of the hidden secret or a thinker is born, he has definitely disclosed this reality that the true awareness is achieved only by the self-realization and he also essentially unveiled this Quranic reality that not only Allah but all His created realms are present in human inward in a subtle form. This is not merely a philosophical principle that is fabricated for intellectual delight or for the mental satisfaction. Rather it is the reality of life which is established on the basis of the teachings and experiences of Prophets and Saints along with the teachings of Quran and Hadith.
- It is of foremost significance to gain self-awareness and self-realization. To see what is happening in the world is of secondary importance. Meaning, first recognize your own self and then devote yourself to world. Only then your work will be done according to Allah’s consent.
- One can gradually reach the destination of self-realization only by the guidance and attention of the spiritual guide.
- When a person realizes himself only then he recognizes Allah. The key to awaken and enlighten the soul, inner core, esoteric self, conscience and insight is the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
- The person who does not attain the recognition of Allah in this world remains blind spiritually. Therefore, he won’t be able to recognize Allah on the Day of Judgment because he will be raised blind.
Aforementioned are a few quotes of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen on self realization, extracted from his books or noted during his gatherings.