- Self realization is that a person must know that he is created with two things: first is the outer being, also called body, which can be seen and touched with eyes and hands respectively; and other is the inner being or esoteric self which is also termed as the soul, inner core or the inward by the Mystics and it can neither be seen nor touched physically. It can only be seen with the inner eye as it does not belong to the physical world, rather, it is related to the invisible realm. It is everlasting and stays alive even after the death of physical body. The gnosis of Allah and the observation of the Divine beauty are its special characteristics. Basically, it is ordained to worship Allah. It is the real being which is destined to be auspicious or ominous, good or evil, so reward and punishment are only for it. Having its awareness is the key to gnosis of Allah.
Self Realization is the Key to Awareness
- Wherever in this world a knower of reality, a Saint with the perfect awareness of Divine secret or a true philosopher is born, he surely unveiled the reality that ‘realization of the inner self’ or ‘self-realization’ are the key to the true awareness. Not only Allah Himself and His creation but the entire universe, rather all realms are present in the inward of the person in their incorporeal form. This is not merely a philosophical theory which is fabricated for mental amusement or for satisfaction of the intellect; rather it is that reality of life which gets its basis from the teachings of Quran, Hadith as well as from the teachings and experiences of the Prophets and perfect Fakirs.
Importance of Self Realization
- It is of foremost significance to gain self-awareness and self-realization. To see what is happening in the world is of secondary importance. Meaning, first recognize your own self and then devote yourself to world. Only then your work will be done according to Allah’s consent.
How to Achieve Self Realization?
- One can gradually reach the destination of self-realization only by the guidance and attention of the spiritual guide.
Self Realization Leads to Recognition of Allah
- When a person realizes himself only then he recognizes Allah. The key to awaken and enlighten the soul, inner core, esoteric self, conscience and insight is the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
- The person who does not attain the recognition of Allah in this world remains blind spiritually. Therefore, he won’t be able to recognize Allah on the Day of Judgment because he will be raised blind.
Aforementioned are a few quotes of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen on self realization, extracted from his books or noted during his gatherings. However for gaining in depth knowledge of his teachings in this regard, click the following links to his books: