Human being is a Combination of Two Bodies
- Human being is a combination of two bodies; one is the physical body which is created from the human semen and belongs to the realm of creation. Second, is the intangible spiritual body which is called soul and belongs to the realm of non-creation. Inclination and attention of both the bodies remain towards their respective origins.
Man is the Most Complicated Creation
- Man is the most complicated creation of Allah and it is impossible to understand its outward as well as inward self. Although, the Universal Divine Man i.e. the perfect spiritual guide knows its absolute reality.
- A huge universe lies inside man. The qualities of all creations of Allah have been collected in him. He can be disloyal like parrot, clever like fox, brave like lion, change his colour (i.e. behaviour) like chameleon. If he is pious, his inner purity makes him better than angels and if he indulges in evil, he becomes worse than Satan. The crux of the matter is that all characteristics of Allah’s creation are collected in a human being. Now it depends on him that out of these characteristics what he adopts and what he obliterates. He can be considered superior to all creations only when his pious characteristics dominate his evil ones.
- The toughest task in this world is to make a human worthy of being called a human.
- Allah created all the souls in the realm of Divinity (alam al-LaHoot) from the soul of Prophet Mohammad. At this station, the soul is called ‘the Divine soul’ (ar-ruh al-qudsi). This is the state of the soul about which Allah says, “Man is My secret and I am his.” At this station, all souls are engrossed in the Divine vision.
The Origin of Human Being
- The origin of human being is the Divine soul which is the sacred self of Prophet Mohammad. The Divine soul belongs to the realm of Divinity and it is also called the human reality. The realm of Divinity is the station where no creation can enter besides the human soul. When the Divine soul descended towards the physical world, it was dressed according to each realm it passed through. Hence, in the realm of power it got dressed as the kingly soul, in the angelic realm, it was the luminous soul and in the physical world it was dressed as the bestial soul. Then these layer after layer dresses of souls were collected in the corporeal body and descended in the physical world.
When man progresses inwardly and spiritually and reaches his Divine soul, in fact he reaches the sacred self of Prophet Mohammad. In order to reach there, one has to set to the spiritual journey in one’s inward. By the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and the spiritual attention of perfect spiritual guide the innerself of a person is purged and the layers of the inciting innerself, bestial soul, luminous soul and the kingly soul begin to unwrap. When a person reaches the realm of Absolute Unity, the layer of Divine soul manifests and the person recognizes Allah.
Man is Superior to All Creations
- Allah Almighty made man superior to all the creations, yet he is scared of the creations inferior to him like spirits, Jinns, supernatural beings etc. hence, they control him easily. If man gains his ultimate strength, then no other creation can dominate him.
- Although everyone is a human, but one becomes worthy of being called a human when his inward manifests Divine Essence.
Human Body is a Place of Trial
- The physical body of human is the place where his soul is tested. The physical body is useless without soul and the soul needs physical body to manifest itself. Whatever a man has to perform, it has to be done with his soul and the physical body.
The Inward of Man Contains Divine Essence
- The Divine Essence is present in each particle of the universe and is transcendent to it as well. The inward of man is the only place which is the vastest of all realms. Therefore, the Divine Essence assimilates in the inward of man in Its absolute form.
- Human being is the manifested outward and Divine light is the non-manifested inward.
The Real Status of Man
- The real status of man is that Allah seeks him, as Allah says to al-Ghawth al-Azam in Risala al-Ghausia, “Man is My secret.”
Above mentioned is a short collection of selected quotes extracted from Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s books or noted during his gatherings. However, for gaining in depth knowledge of his teachings, click the following links to his books: