Search for the Divine Truth
Death of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Second Daughter
In October 1996, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s daughter Tabeena died at the age of seven.
The Holy Prophet’s saying is,
“No deed of the Wise is void of wisdom”.
- Allah says that he revolves the days among the men.
- Allah has chosen the special men to appoint at the supreme status of the Universal Divine Man.
- The life of such a man has to be perfect in every respect. Hence, it consists of every kind of time span and experience.
- At times, Allah tests and trains by granting whereas at times by taking away.
- Allah takes a trial by granting wealth and comfort. As a result, if the person only possesses material desires he becomes worldlier and greedier.
- On the other hand, if the man is a true slave of Allah, he never finds peace at this station.
Phases of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s life before Adopting Faqr
- If we observe Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s life span from childhood to youth it is full of hardships and troubles.
- Surprisingly, the time after marriage is full of comfort and financial strength.
- Indeed, this is a drastic change from childhood to adult life.
- Although, he could not find the inner peace even after having wealth.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman says that he could not get inner peace despite possessing all the worldly blessings and luxury.
- Inspite of achieving every happiness and convenience, the feeling of missing something had always prevailed.
- The restlessness of the soul always kept him uncomfortable.
- Nevertheless, he could not understand the reason of this anxiety. Consequently, to find tranquility, he used to visit different regions of the country with friends but in vain.
- Well! how could the restless soul find peace? Probably it was eager to attain the final destination. The sacred soul had a longing to achieve the true purpose of life.
- Verily, the soul in which Allah had to assimilate could not possess worldliness!
- On one side the soul was anxious to meet its Lord and on the other side Allah was waiting anxiously. Allah was waiting for His slave and beloved, whom he had created just for Himself.
- Getting worldly comforts and blessings had never been his aim then how could he get the inner peace from them.
Contempt to Worldliness
- Sultan Bahoo says in his book ‘Nur-ul-Huda Kalan’,
“Unless ghanayat (the feeling of being content from the worldly wealth) is attained, Faqr cannot be gained.”
- So, for the attainment of ghanayat, Allah profusely showered the worldly wealth, comforts and blessings upon Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
- Undoubtedly, day by day the worthlessness and transitoriness of the worldly luxuries drained him. At last, the material comforts sated him.
- His soul was wanting to go back to where it belongs. Hence, his spiritual self started travelling towards Allah which is the real source of peace for the soul. Certainly, after attaining this destination, there remains no desire of any waystation.
Beginning of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Journey Towards Allah
Once, in the days of his service, he got out of the office to offer his Dhuhr (noon) prayer or salat. Suddenly, a middle-aged man dressed strangely encountered him. He said to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen;
“The period of Allah’s beneficence upon you has started, sustain your condition in the same way”.
Sultan ul Ashiqeen asked the man, “Who are you?” He replied,
“I am the one who shows the right path to people and guides them. I have come only to see you”.
At first, Sultan-ul- Ashiqeen thought that the man was a fraud. He thanked the man and said, “I will act upon your instruction,” and stepped ahead.
He had taken only a few steps forwards that a thought flashed in his mind. How come the man knew my inner state? At once! Sultan ul Ashiqeen returned and searched for that man but he had disappeared. He inquired about him from the people around. Surprisingly, no one had seen such a man around.
Purpose of Excessive Worship
- The only purpose of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s worship was to gain nearness and gnosis (marifa) of Allah.
- Evidently, he begun to take rest for only six hours a day. This was owing to his intensive absorption in worship and devotion to Allah. He was perpetually worshipping Allah, except the time he spent in his office.
- He perpetually recited Durood (blessings upon the Holy Prophet) and for this purpose he had made a special rosary of five hundred beads.
- He also made it a habit to recite the first Islamic creed for thousands of time daily. The first creed says,
لَا اِلٰہَ اِلَّا اللّٰہُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوْلُ اللّٰہَ
Meaning: “None is worthy of worship except Allah and Mohammad is His Messenger”
- The excess of prayers and worship had given him dark eye circles.
- Not only that, but his index finger had pressed due to continuously rotating the rosary.
- At times, his frustration heightened to the extent that he used to cry for hours. His wife thought that it was due to his daughter’s death.
The Phase of Excessive Worship
- This is that phase of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s life when his esoteric changes had matured and started to manifest.
- These changes had begun to roll in his inward after the death of his daughter.
- The worldly wealth became totally worthless to him. He considered this wealth useless since it could not save his dear daughter.
- The demand of the eternal and real wealth, i.e. the nearness of Allah had intensified. Predominantly, he started spending most of his time in worships and devotion to Allah.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Regard to the Queen of Faqr
Despite much struggle no destination was visible. One evening in March 1997, he was reading a book. He came across the following lines;
“The Holy Prophet (pbuh) never refused to his beloved daughter Fatimah tuz-Zahra. Indeed, Fatimah tuz-Zahra (may Allah be pleased with her) is the lady of paradise. At times the sacred wives may fear to be refused by the Prophet on certain matter. Then they used to present their request to him through his dear daughter. The Prophet had never refused his beloved daughter”.
After reading that, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen started presenting all the reward of his worship to the lady of paradise. He also gifted to her sacred husband Ali al-Murtaza and sacred sons Hasan and Husayn.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Special Prayer for a Long time
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen started making special prayer (dua or an act of supplication) after reading about the high ranks of Prophet’s beloved daughter. With some variation of the words, the same appeal became the essential aspect of his life. This prayer is as follows;
“O respected lady of the universe! I the sinful slave is presenting a very ordinary gift of supplication in your honour. Certainly! you do not need any reward of our devotion. Rather we are the needy and seek your family’s favour and beneficence. This reward is only like the call of a beggar at your door. Indeed, no seeker or beggar ever returned empty handed from your door in your physical life. Likewise, I am certain that in your spiritual life, you won’t return this beggar ungranted. I am begging and yearning in your sacred court. Please recommend me in your sacred father’s court that he may bless his slave with the straight path. The path in which Allah has promised to reward the travellers. This beggar would not go back empty handed. Verily! to let any beggar return ungranted is not the custom of your sacred family.”
Faqr is Granted by the Bounty of Fatimah-tuz-Zahra
At that time Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen knew nothing about Faqr. He was unaware that the source of Faqr is Fatimah bint Mohammad. To put another way, her favour and bestowment grants one with Faqr. As Sultan Bahoo describes in Jamia-ul-Asrar,
“Fatimah tuz-Zahra (Fatima bint Mohammad/ Hazrat Fatima) has been matured with Faqr. In reality, she possesses Faqr. The person who achieves Faqr in fact does so only through her source”. Entirely Allah’s bounty and favour had rescued Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. It was not merely a coincidence that his tongue and soul adopted such a manner of praying. Destiny had brought him to that door of righteousness. Truly without any knowledge he had reached the court by whose mediation the Holy Prophet grants Faqr.
Please click to request for Online Oath (Bayat) facility…