Sultan ul Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman as the seeker of Allah & his ardent love for his Spiritual Guide
Key to Success in Faqr
- Success in Faqr is only possible through the Divine love.
- In fact, Faqr is the Divine love.
- The true seekers of Allah find peace and satisfaction in nothing but the Divine love. This is because Allah has exclusively created them for loving His Existence.
- Also, their pleasure and relief are in nothing but the pain and restlessness of ardent love for Allah.
- Once, the Divine lovers turn towards Allah, in no way can the world or paradise attract them.
- In conclusion, the love and vision of the Beloved are the basis of all their prayers.
Description of Divine Lovers
A poet describes the true Divine Lovers as follows;
ہم رِندوں کی محفل میں ہر رسم عبادت ہوتی ہے
دلبر کو بٹھا کر سامنے چہرے کی تلاوت ہوتی ہے
Explanation: Every step the Divine lovers take to please their Beloved is indeed, a form of worship. For them, looking at the countenance of the Beloved is like the recitation of verses of the Holy Quran.
Rabia of Basra As a Divine Lover
Rabia of Basra (may Allah bless her) said:
سجدہ مستانہ ام باشد نماز
دردِ دل با او بود قرآنِ من
Explanation: My real prayer is to bow madly before my Beloved Allah. Also, my soul is longing to unite with the Beloved. As a result, my heart cries in pain, which is my recitation of Quran.
Advice to the Divine Lovers
The following piece of poetry is Rumi’s advice to the devotees of the perfect Murshid or Shaikh.
صد کتب و صد ورق در نار کن
روئے دل را جانبِ دلدار کن
Explanation: Burn all the books and turn your heart towards your Beloved.
What is Divine Love?
- Divine love is the powerful passion which dominates every relation and emotion of a seeker.
- Not only that, it burns everything into ashes except the Divine Beloved.
- The true lover sacrifices everything including his own life for the Beloved.
- Rumi explains Divine love as follows:
عشق آں شعلہ است کہ جوں بر فروخت
ہر کہ جز معشوق باشد جملہ سوخت
Explanation: Divine love is the spark which, when turns into fire, burns everything except the Beloved.
- At another instance, Rumi explained the beauty of the Beloved. Here Beloved refers to the perfect spiritual guide. He says;
عاشقاں را شد مدرس حسنِ دوست
دفتر و درس و سبق شان روئے اوست
Explanation: Certainly, the Divine beauty of Beloved is the teacher of lovers. His face specifically, is the book as well as the lesson for them.
Divine Love Per Shams Tabrizi
The spiritual guide of Rumi, Shams Tabrizi said:
عشق معراج است سوئے بام سلطانِ ازل
از رخِ عاشق فرد خواں قصہ معراج را
Explanation: Divine love is the real spiritual ascension which takes you towards the eternal Sultan (Allah). Do you want to know the secret of ascension to Allah? If so, find it by reading the face of the perfect lover of Allah (i.e. the perfect spiritual guide).
How to Gain Divine Love?
غنیمت داں اگر عشق مجازیست
کہ از بہر حقیقت کار سازیست
Explanation: Consider yourself fortunate if Allah has blessed you with the love of spiritual guide. Undoubtedly, it is the only medium to gain the blessing of Divine love.
Bulleh Shah expresses:
جے چر نہ عشقِ مجازی لاگے
سوئی سیوے نہ بن دھاگے
عشقِ مجازی داتا ہے
جس پچھے مست ہو جاتا ہے
Explanation: A seeker can never reach Allah if he does not love his spiritual guide ardently. As we know a needle cannot sew without thread. Likewise, the Divine love is impossible to achieve without the love of spiritual guide. In short, the love of spiritual guide leads to the ecstasy of the Divine love.
Significance of Divine Love
- Mian Mohammad Bakhsh said:
جنہاں عشق خرید نہ کیتا ایویں آبھگتے
عشقے باہجھ محمد بخشا کیا آدم کیا کتے
Explanation: Those, who have not experienced the Divine love in this world, their lives are useless and a total waste. In other words, without the Divine love, there is no difference between man and dog.
- Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi Mujaddid Alf Sani said:
گرد مستاں گرد، گرمے کم رسد بوئے رسد
بوئے او گر کم رسد ‘ رویتِ ایشاں بس گرد است
Explanation: Revolve around the lovers of Allah. Because, even If you can’t taste the wine of Divine love, you may at least get its aroma from them. Or the least you can do is see them, since even the sight of these lovers is blissful.
Grandeur of the Divine Lover
Sultan Bahoo writes in Nur-ul-Huda Kalan:
زیں مراتب عاشقاں مذکور شد
ابتدا ہم نور آخر نور شد
Explanation: The initial as well as final level of the Divine Lover is the Divine light. Such is the grandeur of the lovers of Allah.
A Divine Lover is a Fakir
- Fakir, is one who walks the path of Faqr.
- Literal meaning of Faqr is ‘poverty’ and is a mystic or Sufi term.
- In simple words, Fakir is a self-sufficient man who renounces all relations and possessions and need nothing but Allah.
- In Mohkim-ul-Fuqara, Sultan Bahoo says that there are two kinds of Fakirs.
First kind of Fakir
- The First kind of Fakir is the spiritual traveller.
- A spiritual traveler is the man of mystic struggle and endeavours. He spends most of his time and efforts in excessive worships and prayers.
- However, the final level of a spiritual traveller is just the beginning of the Divine lover.
Second kind of Fakir
- The second kind of Fakir is the Divine lover.
- He is the man of Divine secrets and observations. Therefore, he attains eternity by dissolving himself in oneness of Allah.
- In short, a Divine lover feed on the spiritual endeavours and sleep in Divine observation
Divine Love is the Highest Station
باھُو عشق را بام بلند است اسمِ اَللّٰہُ نردبان
ہر مکانے بے نشانے می برد در لامکان
Meaning: O Bahoo! Divine love is the highest station. In order to reach there just do the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Consequently, it would let you cross every station and take you to your destination. To the station beyond time and space where Allah bestows the lover with the Divine vision.
No Faith without Divine Love
In another quatrain Sultan Bahoo says;
ایمان سلامت ہر کوئی منگے، عِشق سلامت کوئی ھُو
منگن اِیمان شرماون عشقوں، دِل نوں غیرت ہوئی ھُو
جس منزل نوں عشق پچاوے، اِیمان نوں خبر نہ کوئی ھُو
میرا عشق سلامت رکھیں باھوؒ ، اِیمانوں دیاں دھروئی ھُو
Explanation: Everyone wants to save his faith but no one wants to have the treasure of Divine love. Such behaviour of people saddens my heart. In fact, these people are the seekers of only world and paradise. They only wish for the pleasures of world or safety of their faith. Actually, they are afraid of seeking the love of Allah.
Faith without the element of Divine love is in fact hollow. Such faith does not even have a peck of information about the destination of Divine closeness. On the other hand, the ardent love of Divine lovers have access to the ultimate destination. Lastly, Sultan Bahoo prays and requests his spiritual guide to grant him perseverance upon Divine love. Certainly, his Divine love is dearer to him than faith. (Abyat-e-Bahoo Kamil)
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen as a Divine Lover
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the best living example and prodigy of the Divine love.
- He stepped into the arena of love by the grace of Allah. Owing to his hard efforts, true intentions and Divine Favour, he passed each and every trial of Divine love successfully.
- Due to his intense passion, he won all the challenges and crossed every obstacle in his way of Divine love.
- In fact, Divine love inculcated the ability of patience, perseverance and submission to Allah’s will in him. Therefore, helping him to pass through all the trials. Also granted him the strength and courage to meet all the challenges in the way of Faqr.
As mentioned earlier, the intensity of Divine love burns all the desires other than Allah. Hence, the lover easily sacrifices all his wishes, comforts, pleasures, wealth and every possession just to please his Beloved.
Sultan ul Ashiqeen's Love For his Murshid
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Divine love for his spiritual guide Sultan-ul-Faqr VI was so intense that he almost forgot his own existence.
- In other words, all his friendships, relations and worldly matters lost their significance.
- Now his main concern and first priority were only the comfort and happiness of his spiritual guide. And for that he was ready to sacrifice his entire wealth.
- In short, merely one smile or a glance of love from his spiritual guide meant the world to him.
Importance of Trials in Faqr
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was well aware of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s passionate Divine love and inward state.
- To put in another way, a perfect spiritual guide is always well aware of each and every seeker. He is also aware of the degree of their Divine love and other states, whether inward or outward.
- Still, in the Sarwari Qadri order it is necessary to test the true lover.
- The trials prove a seeker’s highest level of Divine love upon other people for the Day of Judgment.
- Moreover, the trials are important for the spiritual training and education of the seeker of Allah. The spiritual guide passes him through different challenges to check his sincerity and courage.
- As a reward of the success in trials, the seeker is spiritually elevated.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman succeeded in all his trials because of sincerity and intensity of Divine love.
- The blessings and favour of Allah and spiritual guide showers upon seeker per degree of his Divine love and sincerity.
- Fortunately, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman had both of them in abundance.
- Hence, crossing every trial successfully he reached the highest spiritual level i.e. the Universal Divine Man.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Reviews his Companionship with Sultan-ul-Faqr VI
As mentioned before, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen had intense Divine love for his spiritual guide. He annihilated in him completely. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen gives a review of his life before and after meeting his Murshid.
Life Before Meeting my Murshid
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman himself says:
I was no one…Neither I had an existence worth mentioning nor of any importance…The aim of my life was restricted to this world only…Everyday was the same for me…The only purpose of my life was to struggle to make worldly life happier and more comfortable…Basically, I was unaware of the real purpose of human life…In short, this was how my life used to be… Then, one day, the sacred glance of Allah fell upon my humble self. Thus, destiny took me into the court of Sultan-ul-Faqr Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. We saw each other and everything changed…The lover recognized the beloved…
First Meeting with my Murshid…
One day, the sacred glance of Allah fell upon my humble self. Thus, destiny brought me into the court of Sultan-ul-Faqr Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. We saw each other and everything changed…The lover recognized the beloved…
Evidently, the evening of 12th April 1998 (15th Dhul al-Hijjah 1418), changed my life. This is when, I took oath of allegiance (al-bayah) upon the sacred hand of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. Fortunately, he accepted this humble being into the circle of his slavery. By far, this was the most incredible and valuable moment of my life…The moment his eyes fell upon me, my outlook towards life changed completely…Gradually, I got free from the clutches and shackles of this world and became aware of its reality…
Togetherness with my Murshid
From 12th April 1998 till 26th December 2003, I had the blessing of the physical company of my spiritual guide…. After which he left this world…transferring the Divine Trust of Ism-e-Allah Zaat to me. The opportunity to serve Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali and his sacred company are the real achievements of my life. During his life, I wanted to see him very often… A gap of ten or fifteen days felt like ages… It felt as the light of faith had lessened in my inward. Seemed like the attraction of the world was pulling me towards itself. However, as soon as I reached his sacred court, I felt disgusted of this world and its desires. The minute he put a glance upon me, the love for Allah and His Prophet flourished in my inward…
Indeed, every moment Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen dedicated for his spiritual guide was worth it as now he is his spiritual heir. The following piece of poetry beautifully explains this;
یک زمانہ صحبت با اولیا
بہتر از صد سالہ عبادت بے ریا
Explanation: One moment in the company of Saints is better than thousand years of sincere worship.
A Real Murshid’s Love makes a Seeker Indifferent of Everything
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen says that my love for spiritual guide kept on increasing and eventually I became indifferent to everything except Allah. As Sultan Bahoo says:
عاشق شوہدے دِل کھڑایا، آپ وی نالے کَھڑیا ھُو
کھڑیا کھڑیا ولیا ناہیں، سنگ محبوباں دے رَلیا ھُو
عقل فِکر دیاں سب بُھل گیاں، جد عشقے نال جاِ ملیا ھُو
میں قربان تنہاں توں باھوؒ ، جنہاں عشق جوانی چڑھیا ھُو
Explanation: Poor lover has lost himself in Divine love. He has reached that ultimate level of Divine love from where there is no retreat. Now, he is amongst the Divine lovers. Ever since he has reached the peak of Divine love, he has forgotten all about wisdom and intellect. O Bahoo! I am ready to sacrifice myself for the seeker whose Divine love has reached the extreme level. The one who has eventually become Divine love himself drowning in the ocean of Divine love.”
He further adds, when my Divine love reached its heights, I recognized the reality of my spiritual guide. Then I did not remain myself anymore. I drowned in the passion of Divine love. Thus, lost my own existence and found spiritual union and oneness with my spiritual guide. (Abyat-e-Bahoo Kamil)
In the words of Bulleh Shah:
بلھے شاہؒ دی ذات نہ کائی
میں شوہ عنایت پایا اے
Explanation: I have no existence of my own. Now my spiritual guide resides inside me.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen as a Seeker of Allah
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman became the true reflection of his spiritual guide after annihilating in him.
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali tested him several times inwardly as well as outwardly. The spiritual and inward trials are a secret between the seeker and Allah, so others remain unaware of them.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen not only passed the inward trials, rather he also performed all the outward tasks assigned to him perfectly. Hence, he became the center of attention of his spiritual guide.
Appreciation from his Murshid
- As a seeker of Allah, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen never tried to evade from any outward or inward sacrifice. Rather, he placed his every possession and wealth at the feet of his spiritual guide.
- In short, he served him physically, financially and spiritually. Or in other words, he served him in every aspect, with all his skills and courage.
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali once said about Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen;
“Our dear Najib-ur-Rehman has become the reflection of the saying: “I have no will of my own. Instead, I am pleased at my beloved’s will.”
Change in Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Physical Appearance after Bayat
The first change in Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen after taking the oath of allegiance was to follow his spiritual guide. For instance, he kept a beard and started wearing eastern style dresses instead of the western ones.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was Beloved of his Murshid
- Since the very first day, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman became the beloved of his spiritual guide.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen relates an incidence from the day of taking oath of allegiance at the hand of his spiritual guide. He says he was sitting on the floor while in the sacred court of his Murshid. While getting up the corner of his Qameez (a long shirt) got stuck in his foot. Then instantly, he was about to fall. At once, spiritual guide lovingly said, “Bismillah! Bismillah!” (Words uttered out of utmost care).
- This happened before he had taken the oath. After the oath, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s level of belovedness raised with every passing moment.
What are the Signs of the Spiritual Heir of the Divine Trust?
Allama Iqbal says about the heir of the Divine Trust:
پرورش پاتا ہے تقلید کی تاریکی میں
مگر اس کی طبیعت کا تقاضا ہے تخلیق
Explanation; Outwardly, the training of the bearer of the Divine Trust is similar to other disciples. However esoterically, Allah trains him very differently. Also, the nature of spiritual heir or successor is creative and innovative. That is why he is the pioneer of many new things. If you want to recognize him then observe that after the arrival of which particular disciple, innovation begun. When new things started that had never happened before.
Things that prove Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the Spiritual Heir of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI
- From the above point of view, only Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen deserves to be the spiritual heir of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI.
- Since after his oath, many new aspects in the circle of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali’s disciples started to take place. The following facts reflect not only his devotion and dedication but also intense Divine love for his spiritual guide.
- Also, they review how Sultan-ul-Faqr VI opened up many new ways through his beloved Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
Making Gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Sayyid Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah is the28th spiritual leader of Sarwari Qadri order. Initially, he was the first one to make gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat in 1934.
- There were none in the time of Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz (the 29th spiritual leader of Sarwari Qadri order). Yet nothing in the early period of Sultan-ul-Faqr Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. Till 1999, he used to give printed Ism-e-Allah Zaat to his disciples for invocation and contemplation.
- Nobody ever discussed anything about gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat until Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s arrival in the court of his spiritual guide.
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI assigned Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen the auspicious service of getting the gold as well as the regular Ism-e-Allah Zaat made. Then, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen performed this service throughout the remaining life of his spiritual guide.
Verification of this Duty in Sahib-e-Lolak
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI called Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman on the phone a few moments before his death. Reason was to inquire about the preparation of gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
- The details of this conversation are present in Sahib-e-Lolak. It is the first book based on the sacred life of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali written by Tariq Ismail Sagar.
- That particular extract of Sahib-e-Lolak is as follows:
“In his last moments, he asked our companion Najib-ur-Rehman in Lahore about the gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat. He used to get them prepared from Lahore. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI had found two old Ism-e-Allah Zaat from his house. They belonged to his father and spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz. Anyhow, he ordered Najib-ur-Rehman to get similar Ism-e-Allah Zaat made for him. He also inquired that how many days the process would take. Then he said, “Send them right away, I need them.” (pg 274, August 2004 Edition)
Permission of Granting Gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali never used to stay at anyone’s place particularly during the sacred month of Ramadan. However, in the last year of his life, he stayed at Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s residence in Mustafa Town, Lahore. He stayed there from 12th Ramadan till 25th Ramadan, 1424 H i.e. from 7th November till 20th November, 2003.
- On 17th Ramadan i.e. 12th November, he permitted Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen to give the gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat to the seekers of Allah. In fact, he ordered him to give the invocation of ‘Hoo’. Not only that, he also ordered him to grant the practice of inscribing the name of Allah on body. Mystically, this practice is called mashq marqoom-e-wajudia. In short, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, had started granting the gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat and the invocation of ‘Hoo’ to the seekers of Allah in the life of his Murshid.
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI allowed his other successors to only give the first stage of invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
Duty of Printing of Ism-e-Mohammad
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI gave contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad (the sacred name of Mohammad peace be upon him) specifically to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen only. He did not give it to any other disciple.
- To be precise, he gave it to him on 6th December 2003, at the house of Mohsin Sultan. It was a few days before his death (26th December, 2003).
- Sayyid Bahadur Ali Shah had granted the same Ism-e-Mohammad to his Successor, Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz.
- Later, Sultan Abdul Aziz transferred it to his son and spiritual heir Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali who gave it to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
- The ultimate transference of the same inherited Ism-e-Mohammad to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is an evidence that he was infact given the Divine Trust. That particular Ism-e-Mohammad, in its original shape is still in the possession of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman.
Contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad
- After granting the Ism-e-Mohammad to Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali ordered him to prepare the gold Ism-e-Mohammad. He asked him to get it made particularly on the same original pattern and grant to other seekers of Allah.
- The last telephonic conversation of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI with Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was about the preparation of Ism-e Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. More so, his last words were like his will to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. He said;
“Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad are now your responsibility, protect them.” (Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings)
Contemplation of Sultan-ul-Azkar
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the first seeker of Allah upon whom Sultan-ul-Faqr VI conferred the king of invocations ‘Hoo’ (Sultan-ul-Azkar ھُو).
- Before Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, the disciples used to receive only the first stage of invocation while taking oath of allegiance.
- The first stage of invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is Allaho Hoo اَللّٰہُ ھُو.
Stages of Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- All the previous spiritual leaders of Sarwari Qadri order granted the invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat in four stages.
- The four stages were; (AllahHoo اَللّٰہُ), (Lillah), (LaHoo) and (Hoo ھُو ). Primarily, it was a rule to grant the Ism-e-Allah Zaat according to the spiritual elevation and level of the seeker.
Highest Stage of Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Very few most sincere disciples could achieve the fourth, final and highest stage of invocation i.e. Hoo (ھُو).
- In fact, these disciples had approached the highest spiritual level. Among all the disciples of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI, Sultan ul Ashiqeen is the first one to receive the king of invocations ‘Hoo’.
- Patently, he approached this final stage by covering the preceding three stages most quickly. Although, many disciples were with Sultan-ul-Faqr VI for twenty years yet could not cross even the first stage of invocation.
Duty of Magazine Mirat-ul-Arifeen
- Sultan-ul-Faqr Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali assigned Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman the duty of publishing the monthly magazine Mirat-ul-Arifeen Lahore.
- Although, he had no experience of journalism, yet he performed it with sincerity and hard work.
- Finally, in April 2000, he successfully published the first issue of Mirat-ul-Arifeen Lahore. Sultan ul Faqr VI made him the chief editor of that magazine. He had him publish it by the patronymic of ‘Abu al-Murtaza’ (father of Murtaza). Thoughtfully, he named him so out of love and also due to his son Sahibzada Mohammad Murtaza Najib.
- Anyhow, till August 2004, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen ran this magazine with flying colours. Per the guidance of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI, he made sure it purely contained the teachings of Faqr.
Establishment of ‘Maktaba al-Arifeen’
In November 2001, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI assigned Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman the duty to establish the publishing department ‘Maktaba Al-Arifeen’. The goal was to spread the teachings of Faqr through writings and publications. In this regard as well, he performed this duty with great zeal and dedication. Finally, in April 2002, he established Maktaba al-Arifeen. This department published the following books:
- Guldasta Taleemat-e-Sultan Bahoo
- Swaneh Hayat Sultan Bahoo
- Risala Roohi Sharif
- Haqeeqat-e-Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Guldasta Abyat-o-Manajaat Pir Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah
These books gained much popularity. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman supervised ‘Maktaba al-Arifeen’ till the death of his spiritual guide.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Devoted his house in the way of Allah
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen not only established Maktaba al-Arifeen but also converted his house in Education Town into its office. Besides that, he also devoted the adjacent seven marlas (211 yards) land to extend it.
- Then in October 2009, he established the khanqah and office of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr (Registered) in that house. Khanqah is the place for Sufi gathering and spiritual training. Anyhow, now it is also the office to Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications and Digital Productions.
Simple Clothing Style of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI before Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI used to wear very simple clothes made of KT fabric when Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman became his disciple.
- Typically, a white kurta and tehmad. Tehmad is a rectangular piece of unstitched cloth, wrapped around the waist and the legs and knotted at the waist. And Kurta is a traditional eastern style long shirt. Usually, people in rural areas of Indo Pak wear this kind of clothing.
- In winters, he normally wore a simple black cardigan.
- Needless to say, the grandeur and mystic beauty of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI tend to hide in those simple clothes.
- Consequently, he seemed older than his age.
Trial of the Disciples in regard to the Clothing of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI
During a particular gathering of disciples, in August 1998, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI narrated a tradition. He said;
Once Pir Bahadur Ali Shah was staying at the shrine of Sultan Bahoo. He said to him esoterically, “Pir Sahib! You are a Sarwari Qadri Fakir. Such Fakir should wear the best clothes and ride the best horse.”
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Prepared Clothes for His Murshid
- When Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman heard this tradition, he prepared fifteen dresses of exclusive cloth in elegant colours.
- Also, he bought different coloured cardigans by Oxford and Bonanza for the coming winter season. When he was getting those clothes ready, other disciples tried to stop him.
- They told him that Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali does not like to wear such dresses. Most likely he would get angry, if he presented such sleek clothes.
- However, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman did not pay any heed to them. He said,
“My Murshid is well aware of my intentions. We shall see whatever happens.”
Incidence of Presenting Clothes to Murshid
- In September 1998, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman took those clothes to Daduwal (District Jhelum).
- Here Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was staying at the house of Sajid Hussain.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman presented his collection of clothes before him.
- On seeing the clothes, the face of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI glowed with happiness.
- In fact, he liked that dress the most which had received the utmost criticism of the fellow disciples. Immediately, he ordered his attendants to arrange for a bath, as he wanted to wear it right then.
Reason of the Trial
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI being at a grand spiritual status did not need material adornment.
- In virtue of that, he had no desire of those clothes. Rather he was testing that which one of his disciples would understand the hidden meaning in his words.
- Also, he wanted to check that which disciple understands the grandeur of his spiritual guide. And then tries to dress him accordingly.
Only Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Passed the Trial
- Only Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman came up to the expectations of his spiritual guide.
- From that day onwards, he took upon himself the sacred service of making clothes for his spiritual guide. This included clothes for all seasons and occasions such as Eids and Mawlid ceremonies.
- Not only that, he also used to present him with high quality khussas (A particular type of eastern footwear).
- Tirelessly, he performed this duty for the rest of the life of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI. Because of such devotion, he would forget to prepare his own dresses.
An Unexpected stay of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI at Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s House
- Once Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali came to Lahore for his check up regarding his problem of prostate gland. He stayed at Daroghawala (a town in Lahore) the first night.
- The next day, after the medical examination and tests, he went to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s house, instead of going back to Daroghawala. There he decided to take bath around 3 p.m. His attendees had not brought the luggage along with them from Daroghawala since this was an unexpected stay.
- Therefore, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman presented his own kurta shalwar to his beloved spiritual guide to wear after bath. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI gladly wore the dress.
- Later he went back to the doctor’s clinic to collect his medical reports from earlier that morning. While waiting there, he asked,
“Dear Najib! What is the fabric of the clothes I am wearing today?” He replied, “Hazoor! This is Karandi.” On this, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali said;
“You have made me wear cloth of every colour and quality. Truly, you have done this out of pure intentions and sincerity. Allah has written the best fortune on your forehead”.
A Tradition of Sarwari Qadri Spiritual Guides on Visiting a New Place
- Whenever the Sarwari Qadri spiritual leaders visit a new city or town, the first house they stay at is significant. Because, it becomes their permanent point of stay every time they revisit that city or town.
- For some reason this has been a tradition of Sarwari Qadri spiritual guides for ages. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali also followed the same tradition. Hence, whenever he used to come to Lahore, he stayed at Mohammad Ilyas’s house in Daroghawala. This was his routine even before Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman became his disciple.
A Special Room for Sultan-ul-Faqr VI at Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Residence
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen took oath of allegiance at the hand of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali in April, 1998.
- The next year in April he shifted to his newly constructed house in Mustafa Town, Lahore. Here he had gotten a separate room specially made upstairs for his beloved spiritual guide. This room was truly a reflection of his passion for his spiritual guide. Not to mention, it was beautifully decorated, keeping in mind the comfort and ease of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali.
- Once he said,
“I am comfortable in only two of my rooms. One is at the shrine of Sultan Abdul Aziz and the other one is at Najib-ur-Rehman’s house”.
- This special room for Sultan-ul-Faqr VI was upstairs in Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s house. He would go to the room several times a day while his Murshid’s stay there. Since he wanted to make sure that he served him with everything he needed. In contrast, after his departure, he would not go upstairs for weeks.
Importance of this room for Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen
- This room is very dear to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen because his Murshid used to stay here. Even today the room has the same bed used by Sultan-ul-Faqr VI.
- Out of respect of his Murshid, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen still always sits on the floor next to the bed and never on the bed.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman started his mission of spreading the beneficence of Faqr from this room.
- On the 14th of August 2005, he started taking oath of allegiance from his disciples in this room.
- The next year in August he laid the foundation of monthly magazine Sultan-ul-Faqr Lahore, from this sacred room. Here he used to meet his disciples and seekers before he made khanqah in October 2009 in Education Town, Lahore.
- This sacred room is still the private room of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman.
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI’s visit to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s New House
- After shifting to his new house, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen prepared new clothes for his spiritual guide as usual. He wanted to present them in the special room he had constructed for his Murshid at the new residence. Therefore, he esoterically requested,
“My beloved spiritual guide! I know your routine. You may go to Daroghawala first but afterwards, please visit my house and stay in this new room of yours. Then, I will present your dresses to you.”
- On 8th May 1999, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI visited Lahore and spent the first night at Daroghawala as usual. There, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen invited him to have breakfast at his house the next morning. On 9th May, at 11 a.m. he visited Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s new house. He liked his room very much and showed it to all the special disciples who accompanied him with great appreciation. After having the breakfast, he ordered his attendants to make preparations for his bath. Then he innocently asked Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen;
“Dear Najib! Where are my new dresses?”
- Joyously, he immediately presented the clothes. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI was very delighted and liked all the clothes. Then he smilingly pointed towards one dress and said, “Today, I shall wear this dress after taking bath”.
- Later, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI made it a routine that on visiting Lahore, he spent just one day at Mohammad Ilyas’s house. Then spent the remaining days in his special room in the house of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Special Services to his Murshid
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman devoted his entire life, earnings, pleasures and comforts to serve his spiritual guide.
- Whatever he had earned before taking oath of allegiance donated in the way of Allah soon after the oath.
- Then, whatever he earned afterwards, earned just to spend in Allah’s way, not for his own self or family.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen performed countless services for his Murshid.
- These included financial arrangements for celebrating Mawlid of the Holy Prophet or other programs and many others. Also, he prepared sacred sheet for the shrine of Sultan Abdul Aziz every year.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen performed many other personal services which we did not mention here just to be precise.
- A few of them are as follows;
Presented Money to Buy a Horse For his Murshid
- In December 1998, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali came to Lahore to buy a horse.
- However, he got short of one lac rupees. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman and Mohammad Ilyas immediately left to arrange that amount.
- Coincidently, both returned with money at the same time and presented it to Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. He held the amount of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen in his right hand and the amount of Mohammad Ilyas in left hand.
- Then he narrated an incident about his spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz.
- He said;
“While travelling once Sultan Mohammad Abdul Azizi got short of cash. He said that whoever arranged money for his journey back to home, Allah would make him rich and wealthy. A person collected twenty rupees of that time from here and there and presented to him. Afterwards, that man became a millionaire.”
When Sultan-ul-Faqr VI was narrating the incidence, one of his old companions Nur Asif was also present there. He suggested him to bless both the disciples who have brought the money in the same way. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali thought for a moment and then returned the money of Mohammad Ilyas.
He kept the amount given by Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen and said about him,
“He will not be granted the worldly wealth rather he is destined to be blessed with something very special. Although Allah will fulfill all his needs.”
Presented a car to his Murshid
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had Toyota Hilux model 1982 pickup van.
- He felt very uncomfortable while travelling in it because it did not have an air conditioner.
- Also due to its low roof, his feet got swollen and his back ached severely.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was much concerned about his spiritual guide’s comfort.
- Therefore, he bought imported Toyota Hilux Model 1999 (4×4 double cabin) from Karachi under the name of his spiritual guide. Then, he presented it to him in July, 1999.
- Not to forget, he got the registration number 422 especially for that car on the wish of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI. This is because he had also presented a car with the same registration number to his Murshid Mohammad Abdul Aziz.
Paid Custom Duty on Another Car
- In January 2000, a person from KPK presented a non-custom paid Charade car to Sultan-ul-Faqr VI for his sons.
- Therefore, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen on his order paid its custom duty on 11 February 2000.
- Then he presented it to his spiritual guide who gave it to his son Sultan Ahmed Ali.
Bought land for Shrine
- In 1999, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was building the shrine of his spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz.
- Six and a half acres of the land that he needed belonged to some other members of Sultan Bahoo’s family. That family wanted to sell it instead of making it a part of the shrine.
- If someone else have had bought that land, the access to the shrine would have been blocked.
- Thus, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI wanted to buy that land from its owners but was short of money. Its price was Rs. 2.5 lac per acre.
- When Sultan-ul-Faqr VI discussed this matter with Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, he immediately presented the required amount. Without any hesitation he presented before his spiritual guide with fourteen lac rupees for buying the land.
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali asked him,
“Should we buy the land under your name?” He replied, “Hazoor! Why would I need the land? Kindly, buy it under your name”.
Pleased his Murshid by Buying the Land for Shrine
- On 17th July 2000, Sultan-ul-Faqr Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali was going to Islamabad from Lahore. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman also accompanied him.
- They stopped at a hotel on the motorway for having lunch. Here, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen and Sajid Hussain sat on one table while the remaining disciples sat on the other table.
- Meanwhile, Sajid Hussain mentioned about buying of the land for shrine.
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali said,
“It is all due to the favour of Najib-ur-Rehman.”
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman humbly replied,
“Hazoor! It is just because of your favour and kindness.”
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali said,
“Well! it is also one’s effort that counts. By doing this service, you not only pleased me but also my spiritual guide (Sultan Abdul Aziz) and Sultan Bahoo.”
Bought Air Conditioner for Murshid
- In July 2000, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen went to meet his spiritual guide at his house at the shrine of Sultan Abdul Aziz.
- He was sitting in the room Sultan-ul-Faqr VI had allocated for meeting the visitors.
- Here he noticed his Murshid was perspiring because of only one fan, crowd of visitors and the scorching heat.
- On seeing that, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen immediately came back to Lahore and bought an air conditioner.
- When he returned Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had gone to the shrine of Pir Bahadur Ali Shah.
- So, he had to get his room opened for installing the air conditioner without his permission.
- In the evening, he nervously contacted his spiritual guide on phone and confessed that he had made a mistake. He inquired
“For AC fitting, I got your room opened without your permission for the first time”.
On hearing this, he cheerfully said,
“Dear Najib! Make such mistakes every day.”
- When Sultan-ul-Faqr VI went to Soon Valley, he called Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen over the phone. He asked if he could arrange another air conditioner as it became extremely suffocating after it rained there.
- On hearing that, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen arranged one and got it fitted there right away.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Followed the tradition of His Murshid
- Buying an air-conditioner for his Murshid was a tradition of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali that Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen had followed.
- Once, in the mid summer, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali’s spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz was travelling in Thal desert.
- During the journey, he found his spiritual guide sweating. Hence, he came to Lahore, sold his car and bought a pedestal fan and a generator for his spiritual guide.
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI used to say,
“When the air of fan touched my spiritual guide, comfort was felt by me”.
Presented Gun for Safety of Murshid
- Many people had developed an enmity against Sultan-ul-Faqr VI due to his increasing popularity and their own differences with him.
- Therefore, his disciples suggested him to keep a gun for safety purpose.
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali agreed to this suggestion. As it is also an order of sharia to take safety measures.
- When Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman came to know about this, he presented his own Italy made twelve bore pump action.
- He accepted it happily but was also concerned. Therefore, he said,
“Dear Najib-ur-Rehman you have a big house, you should keep this gun at your house for safety”.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman replied,
“For me, the favour of my spiritual guide is enough”.
- Later, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman also presented amount to buy Triple II gun for his spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali.
Exchange of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Gun for Another One
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen had presented his personal gun to Sultan ul Faqr VI for safety purpose.
- Later on, some disciples suggested to Sultan-ul-Faqr VI to exchange it with another better gun.
- That other gun was a twelve bore Italy made repeater. He replied that before making decision, he must first discuss the matter with Najib-ur-Rehman, since its his gun.
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman went to Kundian (Mianwali) to meet his spiritual guide.
- There, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI asked him, “Dear Najib! If you allow, can I exchange your gun with another gun”. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman simply replied, “Hazoor! That gun isn’t mine. It belongs to you now. Give it to whomsoever you want.”
- The humble and loving words of Sultan ul Ashiqeen had touched Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. Thus, he said;
“Najib’s condition is the same as mentioned in this quote;
سرِ تسلیم خم ہے جو مزاجِ یار میں آئے
Meaning: I have no will of my own! I am pleased at the will of my Beloved.
- Undoubtedly, it is a true example of an unconditional Divine love. As a poet says;
عاشقی چیست بگو بندہ جاناں بودن
دِل بدست دِگرے دادن و حیراں بودن
Explanation: What exactly is love? It is to become the slave of the beloved, submitting to his will and sacrificing yourself. Thus, remaining amazed and perplexed.
Responsibility of Treasury of the Organization
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI also gave the responsibility of treasury of his organization named ‘Islahi Jamat and International Tanzeem al-Arifeen’ to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
- In the matters of money, he could trust only him. With utmost honesty, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman maintained all the accounts of finance in the organization.
Sold Car to meet Expenses of Hajj
- In 2001, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali intended to perform hajj (pilgrimage). He told Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman,
“It is very important for both of us to perform hajj this year”.
- By then, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman had already spent all his wealth in the way of Allah.
- Now he had to sell his car (registration number 422)to carry out the expenses of hajj. He not only carried the expenses for himself, his spiritual guide but also for some other companions.
- Again, he had carried a tradition of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. As he had also sold his car to build the shrine of his spiritual guide.
- The journey of hajj was from 28th February till 28th March 2001. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI performed his last hajj with his special lover and beloved spiritual confidant Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen and few other selected disciples.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Pray on the Deteriorating Health of His Murshid
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had a problem of prostate gland which caused great difficulty in performing hajj.
- On returning from hajj, his health condition became much better. But again in 2003, this disease worsened along with his other ailments such as diabetes, hypertension.
- Out of helplessness and worry, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen went to the shrine of Bahadur Shah to request for his health and wellness.
- Pir Bahadur Ali Shah esoterically ensured him that Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali would regain his health.
- A few days later Sultan-ul-Faqr VI went to Islamabad for check up and doctors diagnosed enlargement of prostate gland.
- On hearing that, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen immediately went to Islamabad to see his spiritual guide. He met his Murshid in the state of extreme worry and sadness, then kissed his hands and sat there silently.
- When everyone left, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI called his beloved disciple near him and said,
“Why are you worried? Pir Sahib has granted your request. That’s why, finally doctors were able to diagnose my ten years old hidden disease. After a minor surgery tomorrow, my disease will resolve. Dear Najib! Since the disease has become known to everyone, its physical treatment is necessary. Otherwise people would consider it as my miracle and that is something I do not approve of”.
- This yet again was a tradition of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s spiritual guide followed by him. As he also went to the shrine of Pir Bahadur Shah to request for the health of his spiritual guide.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was made Patron in Chief by His Murshid
- In November 2001, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI made Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen the patron in chief of Lahore office of his organization ‘International Tanzeem al-Arifeen’.
- To spread the beneficence of Faqr Sultan Najib-ur-Rehman chose a different approach.
- In addition to going to mosques, he also went to markets and malls. He preached Faqr among common people, due to which Faqr spread quickly.
- Every week, a bus full of eager devotees went to Jhang from Lahore to see Sultan-ul-Faqr VI. They took oath of allegiance at his hand and got Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
- Later, all the regional organizations of Tanzeem al-Arifeen in other cities of Pakistan followed the same trend. Thus, the organizations all over the country were practically united under Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s leadership.
- A lot of people got the spiritual beneficence of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI due to this method of preaching adopted by him.
Esoteric Trials of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen in Faqr
- Along with the outward trials, there are continuous trials going on in the esoteric self of a disciple.
- These are a secret between the disciple and the spiritual guide. No one is aware of the spiritual state and the inward trials a disciple faces except his spiritual guide.
- More so, the challenges in the esoteric self are far tougher than those in the outward.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman says about the intensity of his inward trails;
“If a mountain had to face the trails which I went through, it would have been shattered into pieces.”
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman never demanded anything in return of his services and sacrifices.
- He performed every task and fulfilled all the responsibilities given by the spiritual guide just to please him. Due to his Divine love, sincerity and diligence, Sultan-ul-Faqr VI chose him as a spiritual heir.
- Thus, entrusted the precious Divine Trust of Faqr to his beloved Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. As Allah says:
اَللّٰہُ یَجتَبِیْٓ اِلَیْہِ مَنْ یَّشَآئُ. (الشوریٰ۔13)
Meaning: Allah chooses for Himself whom He wishes. (42:13)
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Became Dearest to his Murshid
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman became the dearest disciple and the beloved of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. His favours and kindness towards Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen kept increasing with every passing moment.
- He met the outward challenges successfully and found the admiration of his spiritual guide.
- Not just that, he crossed all the inward way stations and reached the most supreme spiritual level.
- However, no one was aware of his exalted spiritual status except his spiritual guide.
- Sultan-ul-Faqr VI blessed him with special attention and treated him most lovingly whenever he went to meet him. Sometimes, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen could not go to meet his spiritual guide.
- Then, despite the illness, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali himself travelled all the way to Lahore to see him.
- Moreover, for all the important responsibilities, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali only considered him the perfect choice.
Fellow disciples’ Envy from Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen
- Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali’s attention focused on Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman and he became his beloved.
- Therefore, in no time the jealousy and envy against him increased from others. Some people even tried to create distance between him and his spiritual guide.
- Sometimes, they tried to find faults in his duties and pressurized Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali to take them back. At times, they also coined and spread false stories against him.
- Alas! they could not understand that they can never separate a true lover and beloved by such petty tricks.
- Neither Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen retreated from his responsibilities nor did Sultan-ul-Faqr VI lessen his love and favours towards him.
- Rather, the envy of others made Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman more endear to his spiritual guide.
- Also, his perseverance and patience towards their opposing behaviours elevated him spiritually. As a poet said:
تند یٔ بادِ مخالف سے نہ گھبرا اے عقاب
یہ تو چلتی ہے تجھے اور اونچا اُڑانے کے لئے
Explanation: O Eagle! Do not get scared of the opposing storm. It runs to make you fly higher.
Exalted Status of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen as a Seeker of Allah
- Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s uprightness led him to great heights of Faqr and Divine Oneness. Certainly, his status is unimaginable and one cannot comprehend it in words.
- He is at the ultimate height of Divine love where there is no room for doubts. It is at the level which is beyond verbal communication. The level where one achieves all the objectives by reading the sacred countenance of the spiritual guide.
- As Sultan Bahoo says;
“Sarwari Qadri spiritual guide is comprehensive and complete. He is such a book, inwardly as well as outwardly, which has the status of book of all the books. By reading this book, the seeker annihilates in Allah in such a way that there remains no veil before him”.
طالبان راہر مطالب خوش نما
اعتقاد صدق خواں وز دل صفا
Explanation: The seekers achieve all their objectives easily who read this book with complete faith, sincerity and inward purity. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Ability of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen to Read Countenance of His Murshid
- Certainly, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen had the ability to read the countenance of his spiritual guide. This is the absolute proof of his true love for his spiritual guide and their spiritual oneness. As Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen himself says:
Allah blessed me with the expertise of reading the countenance of my spiritual guide. Hence, I never consulted him verbally about anything. When I faced any difficulty in the way of Faqr, I did not consult him directly. Whenever I wanted a solution of a problem or understand something, I just sat in my spiritual guide’s assembly. Then I used to engross myself in reading his face. Before he left the gathering, the solution of that problem and the way of doing things became clear to me. Only once did I misread his face and that was near the time of his death.
The only time Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen misread his Murshid’s countenance
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was having the nightmares of death and funeral prayers since the beginning of 2003. Actually, they were about Sultan-ul-Faqr VI, therefore it worried him extremely.
- A weird upheaval started in his inward but he could not share the situation with anyone.
- He says;
At the outset of March or April, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali visited Lahore and went straight to Daroghawala. In order to prepare gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat, I had made various sketches to show him for his approval. I presented them before him and he liked one of them. Then he passed it over to Saad Ameer Khan Niazi for his opinion. After observing it carefully, Mr. Niazi also liked it. Afterwards, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali focused his eyes on me but apparently spoke to Saad Ameer Khan Niazi. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI said;
“Who knows how much life I have. Therefore, to spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat we must take a tour. Load a wagon full of boxes containing the gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat and travel around the whole country.” He then exhorted, “Insha’Allah!(God willing) I have a long life ahead.” While expressing this, he cast such a look upon me which removed all the tension and anxiety from my inward. Hence, during his journey to death I remained entirely unsuccessful in reading his sacred face.The Sarwari Qadri spiritual guide has also got the expertise of hiding the true expressions of his face. (Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali-Life and Teachings)
Please click to request for Online Oath (Bayat) facility…