Personality of Sultan ul Ashiqeen
Grandeur of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen in the Light of Quran & Hadith
One cannot describe Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s unprecedented and marvelous personality in words as there aren’t any words matching to his grandeur. Moreover, only Allah can describe the splendor of His beloveds. Therefore, we attempted to describe the amazing personality of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen with reference of the verses of Quran and Hadiths. Indeed, the following verses truly reflect his persona:
Special attribute– Piety and righteousness (Taqwa). As Allah says in Quran;
اِنَّ اَکْرَمَکُمْ عِنْدَ اللّٰہِ اَتْقَکُمْ
Meaning: The noblest amongst you near Allah is the one who is the most pious. (49:13)
- Spiritual self- Indeed, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the mirror of Divine Truth. As it is said in the following verse;
المومن مراۃ الرحمن
Meaning: The believer is the mirror of Rehman (who is the most Beneficent).
- Physical self– All Divine light. In this regard Allah says in the following verse of sura an-Nur:
نُوۡرٌ عَلٰی نُوۡرٍ ؕ یَہۡدِی اللّٰہُ لِنُوۡرِہٖ مَنۡ یَّشَآءُ ؕ
Meaning: Light upon light. (Indeed), Allah guides towards His light whom He wills. (24-35)
- Inward – Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s enlightened inward is undoubtedly the Throne of Allah. As said in the verse given below;
قَلْبُ الْمُؤْمِنِ عَرْشَ اللّٰہِ تَعَالٰی
Meaning: The inward of a believer is the Throne of Allah.
- Sacred existence – Exactly according to the Qudsi Hadith mentioned as follows;
“When My slave seeks My closeness through excessive prayers and devotion (a stage of closeness comes). (Then) I become his ears with which he hears, his eyes with which he sees. (Moreover, I become) his hands with which he holds and his feet with which he walks.” (Sahi Bukhari)
- Status – Absolutely complies with the following Hadiths;
“There are some people among the servants of Allah who are neither Prophets nor martyrs. However, the Prophets and martyrs will envy them on the Day of Resurrection for their rank near Allah.”
“This is the attribute of the Saints that blessings are found in their speech, their breath, their clothes, their houses. Not only that but even in the dirt of their feet and at the place where they sit for a day.” (Al-Minhaj al-Abideen)
- Deeds – Certainly, his deeds are only for Allah. In the following verse of sura al-An’am Allah mentions the deeds of the believers;
قُلْ اِنَّ صَلَاتِیْ وَنُسُکِیۡ وَمَحْیَایَ وَمَمَاتِیْ لِلّٰہِ رَبِّ الْعٰلِمِیْنَ
Meaning: Say, “Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah only. (Certainly, He is) the Lord of the worlds.” (6:162)
- Station –Surely, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is at the exalted station of لی مع اللّٰہ. (Which means the station) where there is no one between Allah and His beloved.
- Glory – According to the verse: کُلَّ یَوْمٍ ھُوَ فِیْ شَاْنٍ, which means: “Everyday His glory manifests a new”. (55:29)
- Way – Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen truly believes that love conquers the world. Therefore, he follows the way of love.
- Principle – Perpetual work with perfect certainty. Indeed, that is the key to success.
- Teaching – Only Allah! Everything other than Allah is lust. Undoubtedly, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen himself follows that and gives the same lesson to others.
- Invocation – The king of invocations ھُو ‘Hoo’. As of all the names, it is the greatest name of Allah.
- Way of invocation– Complying with the following verse;
وَاذْکُرْرَّبَّکَ فِیْ نَفْسِکَ تَضَرُّعًا وَّ خِیْفَۃً وَّ دُوْنَ الْجَھْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْاٰصَالِ وَلَا تَکُنْ مِّنَ الْغٰفِلِیْنَ
Meaning: And invoke your Holy Lord’s personal name with your breath, submissively and secretly and in low tones. (Also, Invoke) morning and evening and be not among the neglectful. (7:205)
- Morals – Just in accordance with the Hadith تَخَلَّقُوْا بِاَخْلَاقِ اللَّہ Meaning: “Be attributed with Allah’s morals.”
- Preaching – Complies with the verses given below;
فَفِرُّوْآ اِلَی اللّٰہ which means; Run towards Allah. (51:50)
Moreover, Allah says the following in Quran;
فَلَا تَتَّبِعِ الْھَوٰی فَیُضِلَّکَ عَنْ سَبِیْلِ اللّٰہِ
Meaning: And do not follow your desire (as) it shall turn you away from Allah’s path. (38:26)