My Beloved Murshid: The Man of Divine Essence
It was the 2001 Hajj period when the prospective pilgrims were busy preparing for their journey. The pilgrims from around the world were eagerly waiting to perform Hajj. There was one particular group of pilgrims whose leader was impatient to go to Medina. It was a strange kind of eagerness of their leader that no one knew about nor would he tell anyone about it.
This honourable leader only had Medina in his thoughts. Maybe he wanted to present some special gift in the blessed court of the Holy Prophet. Perhaps, he wanted to hear about the success of his mission from the blessed court of the Holy Prophet and retire from his responsibility.
Transfer of the Trust of Faqr
- Finally, the moment arrived when he appeared in the exalted court of the Holy Prophet. He presented his supreme spiritual successor in the Holy court.
- The supreme spiritual successor was overwhelmingly accepted in the Holy court and was granted the seal of acceptance.
- It was Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali who had presented his supreme spiritual successor – our beloved spiritual guide, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman – in the Divine court of the Holy Prophet. On return from the Holy Prophet’s court, Sultan Mohamad Asghar Ali was extremely happy and relieved. He told his disciples that he had succeeded in his mission.
- He transferred his esoteric inheritance to his supreme spiritual successor. And started his esoteric training to lead the mankind as his spiritual successor. But this was all kept very secret.
- No one had any idea that the Holy Prophet had approved the transfer of the Trust of Faqr to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
- The Prophets are first granted Prophet-hood and then they are passed through various trials and difficulties.
- Whereas a Saint is first passed through trials, distress, troubles and poverty before being granted saint-hood.
- This is exactly what our beloved Murshid Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen went through before he was transferred the Trust of Faqr.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s First Disciple
Few days after the demise of his spiritual guide, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen met one of his old friend (Asad Khan). During conversations, he presented Ism-e-Allh Zaat for invocation and contemplation to him. Thus he disclosed his esoteric status, which his friend didn’t understand at that time, but gradually the reality started to unfold, and so, that friendship turned into a relationship of a guide and devotee. The Fakirs keep themselves hidden and shy away from worldly fame and glory.
But when Allah wants, He discloses His beloved men to the mankind and through these holy men Allah distributes the treasure of Faqr amongst mankind. This is the mission of the Holy Prophet that takes guise of a spiritual guide and becomes a source of beneficence for the seekers.
Ascending the Throne of Divine Guidance and Persuasion
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen formally started taking oath of allegiance from the devotees in 2005. Following oath, he granted them Ism-e-Allah for invocation and contemplation.
- The number of devotees kept increasing with time. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen initiated a series of lectures in order to invite people towards Allah’s path. This series of lectures was later published in the form of a pamphlet.
- In August 2006, monthly Sultan-ul-Faqr magazine was launched which introduced the Divine Universal Man of the era. The monthly Sultan-ul-Faqr is so comprehensive and complete in its content that there is no need for any teacher.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen started the lectures series, monthly Sultan-ul-Faqr magazine and oath taking from his house. But as the number of devotees kept growing, there was need for a dedicated place. Hence Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen established the Sarwari Qadri Khanqah.
- By the grace of Allah, the number of devotees has increased so much in recent times that even the current Khanqah becomes over crowded during spiritual events.
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen established Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr in October 2009 to propagate the message of Faqr and to invite the people towards gnosis and vision of Allah.
- Upon oath taking (bayah) Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen grants framed Ism-e-Allah Zaat to every new disciple for invocation and contemplation.
- He also instructs every new disciple to practise inscribing Ism-e-Allah Zaat on the body. This is to enlighten their inwards and enable them for Divine vision and presence in the Mohammadan Assembly.
Establishment of Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications
Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications to spread the message of Faqr through printed material. And also to preserve it in the form of books for future generations.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has authored many books himself on the subject of Faqr for guiding people towards Allah. This includes Shams-ul-Fuqara and Mujtaba Akhir Zamani that have been very popular and highly liked by the readers. Some of the other books include: The Mohammadan Reality, The Reality of Mawlid, and Faqr-e-Iqbal. Haqeeqat-e-Namaz, Haqeeqat-e-Zakah, Haqeeqat-e-Hajj provide an excellent detail and explanation about the spiritual reality of the key Islamic rituals.
Nafs Ke Nasoor and Tazkia-e-Nafs Ka Nabawai Tareeka provide a detailed explanation about the inciting innerself. They also explain how the Holy Prophet purged the innerselves of his Companions. In Abayat-e-Bahoo Kamil book, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has not only provided an excellent and detailed explanation of Sultan Bahoo’s Divine poetry but he has also provided a critical review of Sultan Bahoo’s teachings in general. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen spent seventeen years to research and collect the original script of Abyat-e-Bahoo. The Abyat-e-Bahoo Kamil is a unique book in its own right.
Another remarkable achievement of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the publication of the Urdu translation of ‘Risala Roohi Sharif’. Along with providing an easy to understand translation, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen made a lot of effort to add diacritics for correct pronunciation.
In addition, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has supervised Urdu and English translation of many of Sultan Bahoo’s books. Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications has published these books.
Sultan-ul-Faqr Multimedia and Design Development
Along with utilising the traditional means of publication, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen established the digital wing of the publications department. This department is responsible for developing digital content for Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr. For example, creating and maintaining various websites of the Tehreek, providing and maintaining social media footprint to reach out to the young generation who are very tech savvy.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has created many sub-sections of the digital publications wing. They are working through day and night to spread the message of Faqr throughout the world. The same team maintains the three Social media TV channels. This includes Sultan-ul-Faqr TV, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen TV and Sultan-Bahoo TV. They regularly update the content with new videos. This includes videos of spiritual events, naats, arifana kalam and videos of preaching tours of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
Recording of Complete Abyat-e-Bahoo Video Series
One of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s marvel in this regard is recording a video series of complete Abayat-e-Bahoo by Ramzan Bahoo. No one has previously recorded the complete set of Abyat in this manner before. Lately, there had been some versions of the Abyat in which people had made changes because of their lack of spiritual knowledge. Through his efforts, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has put an end to any such changes in future. It was Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s special spiritual attention and beneficence that allowed Ramzan Bahoo to record the complete set of Abyat in such a beautiful manner.
By the grace of Allah, a number of non-Muslims have converted to Islam following reading about Faqr and Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr through the various internet and social media channels of the Tehreek. Many of those have taken online oath to become Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s disciples. They are now actively taking part in Tehreek’s activities.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is working very hard through day and night in spreading the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and teachings of Sufi Saints, in particular Sultan Bahoo. Through his Divine company, he is enlightening people’s inwards to enable them for gnosis of Allah and Divine presence.
A Highly Accomplished Divine Universal Man
Through the aforementioned initiatives, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has made it very easy for the people to connect to their Lord. Looking at the tremendous efforts that Sultan-Ashiqeen has made in spreading the message of Faqr, it is not wrong to say that he has fulfilled his responsibility as the bearer of the Trust of Faqr as well as being a true ummati of the Holy Prophet. He has fulfilled his responsibility as a seeker and well as being a perfect spiritual guide. It is difficult to find such an accomplished personality.
میرا مرشد ہے دیکھو بڑا با کمال
ان کی محنت ہے سچی ہوئی لازوال
دے عطاے الاہی ان کا حسن جمال
وہ رہبر ہیں کامل اور بے مثال
Explanation: My beloved spiritual guide is highly accomplished and stationed at the highest esoteric station. His efforts and work has become eternal. A glimpse of his face enlightens the inwards of the seekers and elevates them esoterically. He is perfect spiritual guide and the Man of Divine Essence like no other.
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr invites everyone to get in touch to learn more about the Divine Universal Man of this era. And to benefit from his celestial company in order to attain gnosis of Allah and His closeness which is the real success both in the world and hereafter.
This article is has been written by Mrs Maimoona Asad Sarwari Qadri and translated by Waheed Hassan.