The Spiritual Sight of My Beloved Spiritual Guide
Allama Iqbal says:
کوئی اندازہ کر سکتا ہے اس کے زورِ بازو کا
نگاہِ مردِ مومن سے بدل جاتی ہیں تقدیریں
Meaning: No one can estimate the power of a Mumin (true believer). In fact, he can change destinies just by one glance.
Efficacy Of Spiritual Sight
- Surely, spiritual sight can turn a useless stone into valuable metal (touchstone).
- History of Sufism is full of such events where thieves, robbers and wrongdoers repented from sins and became righteous.
- Likewise, those who, in ignorance, plundered others became light of beacon for others just because of a single spiritual glance of a spiritual guide.
Effects Of Evil Eye
Undoubtedly, Allah has put special effect in the sight. Indeed, the effect of an evil eye can harm a person or influence his destiny, as described in the Quran about an evil eye:
وَ اِنۡ یَّکَادُ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا لَیُزۡلِقُوۡنَکَ بِاَبۡصَارِہِمۡ لَمَّا سَمِعُوا الذِّکۡرَ وَ یَقُوۡلُوۡنَ اِنَّہٗ لَمَجۡنُوۡنٌ ﴿ۘ۵۱﴾
Meaning: And indeed, when the disbelievers listen to the Quran, it seems as if they wish to damage you with their (jealously evil) looks and say: ‘He is insane.’ (Al-Qalam: 51)
Abu Hurairah reported many Hadiths from Holy Prophet and he reported Allah’s Messenger as saying:
- The influence of an evil eye is a fact. (Sahih Muslim 5701)
Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Mohammad says:
- The influence of an evil eye is a fact; if anything would precede the destiny it would be the influence of an evil eye, and when you are asked to take bath (as a cure) from the influence of an evil eye, you should take bath. (Sahih Muslim 5702)
Why Spiritual Glance Is So Powerful?
It has been proved that evil eye has an influence. Then, how could we negate the efficacy of sight of perfect Fakirs? As their sacred beings are the manifestations of Allah Almighty. Similarly, their glance is so powerful and effective because it is the glance of Allah. The Holy Prophet says:
Fear from the sagacity of a true believer. For, he sees with the Divine Light. (Tirmidi, al-Jami Chapters on al-Tafseer)
Moreover, a lifetime of spiritual exercises and toils could not take a seeker to that spiritual station where single glance of a perfect spiritual guide can take him.
Sultan Bahoo & Spiritual Sight
Sultan Bahoo says:
سےَ روزے سَے نفل نمازاں، سَے سجدے کر کر تھکے ھو
سَے واری مکے حج گزارن، دل دی دوڑ نہ مکے ھو
چلے چلیہے جنگل بھَونا، اِس گل تھیں ناں پکے ھو
سبھے مطلب حاصل ہوندے باھوؒ، جد پیر نظر اِک تکے ھو
Meaning: I left no stone unturned to accomplish gnosis by performing various religious rites. For example, I offered supererogatory prayers, prostrated in salat hundreds of times and placed my plea, performed hajj, forty-days seclusion and then wandered off into the woods to find Allah but failed due to lack of guidance from the perfect spiritual guide. In conclusion, I remained deprived of Allah’s gnosis unless I came in the servitude of my guide. But, the moment he cast his eyes upon me with beneficence then and there I accomplished in the purpose of life.
Iqbal & Spiritual Sight
Iqbal says about the efficacy of spiritual sight of spiritual guide:
صد کتاب آموزی از اہلِ ہنر
خوشتر آں درسے کہ گیری از نظر
Meaning: Indeed, a single lesson which a disciple acquires from the spiritual glance of a spiritual guide is far better than reading a hundred books from scholars.
One Can Find Religion Only Through The Spiritual Sight
Iqbal was a Gnostic of Divine secrets and its glimpse can be seen in his poetry. Undoubtedly, he knew that one can find the essence of religion only through the spiritual sight of the perfect Fakir. Furthermore, he conveys this message to people through his poetry.
دین مجو اندر کتب اے بے خبر
علم و حکمت از کتب، دین از نظر
Meaning: O ignorant! Do not search for religion in books. Because, you can find knowledge of science and philosophy in books, but the reality of religion can only be acquired by the efficacy and power of spiritual sight of perfect Saint.
Spiritual Sight Of A Spiritual Guide As A Remedy Of Muslims' Current Affliction
Iqbal also suggested the spiritual sight of a spiritual guide as a remedy of Muslims’ current affliction. Regardless in which era someone is living, perfect spiritual will always be there. Moreover, his spiritual sight has such miraculous efficacy that can take a drowning nation to shore.
الٰہی سحر ہے پیران خرقہ پوش میں کیا!
کہ اِک نظر سے جوانوں کو رام کرتے ہیں
Meaning: O Allah! What great magic is possessed by these Divine Guides that they win the hearts of youth just by one glance!
Intellect And Spiritual Sight
By making comparison between intellect and spiritual sight, Iqbal says:
خرد کے پاس خبر کے سِوا کچھ اور نہیں
ترا علاج نظر کے سِوا کچھ اور نہیں
Meaning: The approach of intellect is that it can only tell us about the happening of an event whereas, the cure of evils is only the spiritual sight of the perfect spiritual guide.
Sultan-ul-Auliya & The Spiritual Sight
Similarly, Sultan-ul-Auliya Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz says about the spiritual sight of the perfect Fakir:
Sarwari Qadri Fakir is a man of absolute dominion. His spiritual sight is like an arrow which hits the mark. Furthermore, no matter how huge the crowd is, he can bestow his beneficence to whomever he wants among the crowd. (Mujtaba Akhir Zamani)
Efficacy Of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Spiritual Sight
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the Universal Divine Man, the enlightening leader and the 31st Shaikh of Sarwari Qadri Order. Moreover, Allah has stationed him at the highest spiritual level of Faqr about which Prophet Mohammad said:
اِذَ ا تَمَّ الْفَقْرُ فَھُوَ اللّٰہ
Meaning: When Faqr is accomplished, there remains only Allah.
Last but not least, single glance of such spiritual guide is enough to reveal the secrets of Faqr on the true seeker of Allah.
Perfect Sarwari Qadri Fakir
Moreover, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the exact manifestation of all the attributes of the perfect spiritual guide, which Sultan Bahoo has written in Risala Roohi Sharif.
سراسر نظر ایشاں نورِ وحدت و کیمیائے عزت بہر کس پرتوءِ عنقائے ایشاں افتاد، نورِ مطلق ساختند، احتیاجے بریاضت و ورد اوراد ظاہری طالبان را نہ پرداختند۔
Meaning: Their sight is the absolute Divine light of Oneness and the alchemy of honour. On whomsoever they cast the reflection of their hidden Reality; his whole being is transformed into the absolute Divine light. They do not need to engage their disciples in the struggle of apparent daily recitals and mystic exercises. (Risala Roohi Sharif)
Dominion Over Hearts Of Seekers
- Furthermore, single glance of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman turns the hearts of seekers in hardly a moment.
- Miraculously, he purifies the hearts of seekers which were filled with worldly pleasures and desires and enlightened them with Divine love.
- There are countless observations of the seekers of Allah who have pledged allegiance to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen that how he has purified their rusted innerselves from greed, jealousy, arrogance, enmity, egotism, lust, malice, love for material world and love for hereafter.
- Moreover, he has done this mere by the efficacy of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and his spiritual sight. He does not involve his disciples into struggles of apparent daily recitals, forty days seclusions and hard Mystic exercises. Hence, only a perfect spiritual guide can reveal such miracles.
- Sultan Bahoo says:
کامل مرشد ایسا ہووے، جیہڑا دھوبی وانگوں چھٹے ھو
نال نگاہ دے پاک کریندا، وچ سجی صبون نہ گھتے ھو
Meaning: The perfect spiritual guide should be like a laundry man. The way a laundry man does not leave any dirt in clothes; likewise, the perfect Sarwari Qadri spiritual guide purifies the innerselves of his disciples and does not leave any filth of worldly desires or impurities of immoral behaviours in them. Moreover, he shows them the way of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and cleanses the heart of the seekers with his spiritual attention and enlightens them with the light of Allah.
Benevolence For Everyone
- Similarly, due to the efficacy and power of his spiritual sight, no one returns empty-handed from his sacred court.
- Whether someone came to seek Allah or bring any reasonable worldly desire. All his desires got satisfied.
- No doubt, he is a perfect spiritual guide.
- As Sultan Bahoo says:
سبھے مراداں حاصل ہویاں باھوؒ، جداں مرشد نظر مہر دی تکے ھو
Meaning: O Bahoo! All my desires were fulfilled when my perfect spiritual guide caste an affectionate spiritual attention upon me.
To sum up, I would like to narrate same verses in praise of the spiritual sight of my perfect spiritual guide which he has written in praise of his spiritual guide, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali:
آپ کی نگاہِ کامل سے ناقصوں کو کمال ملا
ملا سب کو عشق مگر خواص کو مانندِ بلالؓ ملا
Meaning: O my beloved spiritual guide! Your perfect Divine attention elevated many to perfection. Undoubtedly, all your disciples were blessed with the Divine love but a few special and fortunate once got it intensely like that of Bilal.
Types Of Spiritual Guides
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali says:
- There are three types of spiritual guides; one is Murshid Kamil whose efficacy and power is like that of a hen. The eggs which are under the hen are hatched while the eggs which remain outside cannot hatch. Similarly, the disciples who sit in Murshid Kamil’s company remain under his spiritual supervision and who leave his company escape from his spiritual authority as well.
- Second is Murshid Mukammal. His efficacy and power is like that of a turtle. A turtle lays eggs on land but itself remains in water. It casts its attention from there and the babies come out of eggs. However this attention is also limited to a certain point.
- Third is Murshid Kamil Akmal whose attention is powerful and effective like a heron. A heron lays eggs in the east and casts attention from the west; hence the off springs come out of the eggs. Its sight is limitless. Real spiritual guide is that whose spiritual attention always remains on his disciple whether he is in the east or the west.
Efficacy Of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Spiritual Sight Is Beyond Boundaries
- Similarly, We can found numerous examples from among the disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen who bear testimony to the efficacy of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s spiritual sight.
- Besides, these also bear testimony that he is the perfect Sarwari Qadri spiritual guide whose has dominion over universe.
- A large number of his disciples are living overseas. They always feel themselves under the kind control of their benevolent spiritual sight. Hence, they are successfully passing through the stages of Faqr (Sufism).
- In conclusion, there is no hindrance in the way of his spiritual sight, which is beyond seven seas.
- Moreover, by the efficacy and power of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s spiritual sight Ism-e-Allah Zaat imprints on the inwards of true seekers of Allah and they always remain engrossed in its theophanies.
- The perfect spiritual guide has the authority to transform the hearts of his disciples. If a spiritual guide could not do so, indeed we could not call him a spiritual guide.
- Iqbal says:
فقط نگاہ سے ہوتا ہے فیصلہ دل کا
نہ ہو نگاہ میں شوخی تو دلبری کیا ہے
Meaning: The spiritual sight is prerequisite to open the closed doors of esoteric self. However, if a spiritual guide does not have such power in his glance we could not call him a spiritual guide.
Aim Of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s Life
- The main aim of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s life is esoteric and exoteric purgation of all seekers of Allah and to spread the teachings of Faqr.
- Thousands of disciples came to see him and everyone receives Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s beneficence without any discrimination. However, everyone got beneficence according to his own desire.
- Due to his kind and benevolent spiritual sight a large number of seekers became knower of Allah. A disciple with pure heart and absolute believe never goes astray and ultimately reaches to its destination.
- Complete outlook of his life changes and his inward overflows with Divine love and love of Prophet Mohammad.
- The Divine Essence becomes his center of attention. Thus, his material as well as eternal life changed due to the efficacy of his spiritual sight.
A poet said:
نگاہِ مرشد کامل سے عشقِ مصطفیٰؐ حاصل
خدا کا قرب دیتی ہے محبت پیرخانے کی
Meaning: One can acquire love for Prophet Mohammad by the spiritual sight of a perfect spiritual guide. No doubt, perfect spiritual guide raised a disciple to the exalted station of Divine closeness only if he has love and respect of khanqah in his heart.
Invitation To Join Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr
- Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr invites all seekers of Allah and seekers of Divine reality to come and join Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr.
- Acquire invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and mashq marqoom-e- wajudia from Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen for the gnosis of Allah and Divine closeness.
- I pray to Allah Almighty, may He bless with steadfastness to all those fortunate disciples who are already under the auspices of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. May they all remain in his servitude till the last moment of their lives.
This article was published in Mahnama Sultan-ul-Faqr Lahore (monthly Urdu magazine of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr) titled as یہ نظر میرے پیر کی (Ye Nazar Mere Pir Ki) in the issue of August 2019. It was originally written by Mrs. Sonia Naeem Sarwari Qadri and translated in English by Faiza Gulzar Sarwari Qadri. If you wish to read it in Urdu then please visit the link
70 thoughts on “Sultan Bahoo | The Spiritual Sight of My Beloved Spiritual Guide”
Ma sha Allah
Informative about Sufism
Nigah e Mard e momin say badal jati hain taqdeerain
Sultan ul faqr 7th
Hazrat sakhi sultan Muhammad Najib ur Rehman is Sultan ul Ashiqeen and murshid kamil akmal. An ordinary man turns into Insan e kamil by His one sight
Sultan ul faqr 7th
Hazrat sakhi sultan Muhammad Najib ur Rehman is Sultan ul Ashiqeen and murshid kamil akmal. An ordinary man turns into Insan e kamil by His one sight.
Ma Sha Allah
Great article. ?
Great article about Insan e Kamil
Sultan ul Ashiqeen Zindabaad
Subhan Allah ♥
Jis ka murshid nahi us ka murshid shaitan he
MashaAllah, very informative
Just like our physical body needs a doctor to treat diseases similarly the spiritual sight of the beloved Murshid Kamil acts as a cure to the diseases of our soul.
Very good blog mashallah
Ma sha Allah
Ma sha Allah
Masha Allah, very nice article.
Ma sha Allah
Ma Sha Allah